General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

> What's your favorite Auto Parts Store ? <

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 12:12 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

OH see, when I thought "Auto Parts Store", I was thinking an actual brick-n-mortar. I do probably 70% or more of my parts shopping with RockAuto.com.

Old 08-23-2013, 02:46 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2014
10 Year Member

Autozone or rock auto for me

Old 08-23-2013, 02:58 PM

Please don't 4-get our Super MCF Sponsor's
and

Last edited by Space; 08-24-2013 at 07:55 AM.
Old 08-23-2013, 05:27 PM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member

I used to love Murray's; they were always my go to for a lot of stuff, including detailing products.

Can't say the same for O'Reilly's; I absolutely hate them. AutoZone and Advance Auto aren't really any better. Seems like these stores hardly stock anything anymore. I'm always finding myself walking out empty handed so I've basically gave up on these stores for items other than detailing products. Actually I've found myself buying some of the same detailing products at Meijer since it's a Michigan-based company and I'd rather support a good in-state company. I ordered my Bilstein struts online through a small private Michigan-based auto parts supplier.

I've had two failed parts (during installation; not driving) through CarQuest so I stopped buying parts from them.

Depends on the part, but I like having OEM parts on my car so honestly the dealership has been my go to for most parts lately. Yes you usually pay top dollar but I know I'm getting good quality parts, that I don't have to worry about, and I can usually talk them down to a better price. Yes you usually have to pre-order almost everything but I'd end up having to do that with the other chain parts stores anyway. It is a plus living in GM's backyard; dealership can have most things same day or 1-2 days which isn't bad. Also helps when GM has significant parts warehouses nearby.

Old 08-23-2013, 11:19 PM

I usually go to Auto Zone just cause they carry the most brands. Napa is cool but if you want name brands your out of luck because for the most part well Napa only carries Napa stuff lol. If I don't go to Auto Zone then I'll probably check a local junkyard and if the part I need there is in good shape I'll get it. For the more important parts its either zzperformance.com because they specialize almost entirely in all type of parts for 3800 GM cars, or its my local Chevy dealer.

Old 08-23-2013, 11:55 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Autozone for me, but i'm never usually buying parts

Old 08-24-2013, 07:20 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

I too use to go to Advance auto parts... I used them for over 10 yrs!
Then, they changed management as well as the employees.. who now are worthless, The manager there is a real piece O work!(Some punk kid) He wouldn't even stand behind my battery warranty on my Monte Carlo! Tried to give me some BS about it being fine. (It had a dead cell) He load tested it on his fancy schmancy electronic load tester that said it was good. My neighbor has an old school coil load tester.... It immediately Failed! Needless to say I will never spend another dime there.

I changed to Murrays/Oreilys I have a neighbor that works at the warehouse
and 1 that works at 1 of the local stores... So needless to say I get excellent service as well a knowledgeable staff. Its nice to go there and everyone is on a first name basis when I walk into the store.. They know what vehicles I own Years ,Makes, Models etc... and are quick to help me out.

We do have a Napa and an Autozone...seems the autozone isn't to interested in giving any help and as mentioned before are very under staffed. I will say I have had to go back to Autozone on several different occasions due to them giving me wrong parts.. That was just before I switched to Oreilys...

I will however, on certain parts for my Silverado or my Sierra go to the Dealer... Unfortunately the dealer no longer carries parts for my Monte Carlo.

Old 08-24-2013, 09:25 AM
Zen

I find that I go through my work for parts almost all time now.We deal with United Auto Supply there 90% AC Delco parts all the oem stuff the dealer uses.Or API for some things if I need to work on a tight budget. Most of the other stores around here are starting to get pretty bad with the employees.

Old 08-24-2013, 10:50 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Pep Boys for their awesome amount of car detailing items. Advanced Auto because they sell Griot's Garage items. I really only use the autoparts stores for some of the detailing supplies and the rest off of Amazon.

Old 08-24-2013, 04:56 PM

I go thru Summit Racing for ALL My needs I mainly go thru O'Reilly's in Delosge Missouri I use to go thru Auto Zone But thats for my EXPENSIVE Parts I usually meet the trucks up at Ebo Road and 185 Since I live 15 minutes from Potosi But it's usually a Straight shot to Auto Zone We also got a E&J's Junk Yard But I got kicked out of there Because of the part they sold me And it was bad I returned it And they WOULDN'T Refund me my money The BEST Junk Yard I go to is Speedway Salvage Yard in Madison Illinois off of route 3 And it is actually across the street from Gateway International Speedway They carry EVERYTHING I Need I bought about $10,000 worth of parts from them When I was building my VERY FIRST Street/strip Engine which was a 305 That was bored .060 Over Everything else was Summit Racing

Quick Reply: > What's your favorite Auto Parts Store ? <