General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

> What's your favorite Auto Parts Store ? <

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 06:35 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Question > What's your favorite Auto Parts Store ? <

Hi Member's,
Please post what is your favorite auto parts store & best online parts site ?
Why do you like them ?
Thanks in advance for sharing/posting \

Below is from AutoZone

IN-STORE SERVICES

Free Testing *

<!--Find the right Part-->
Some places charge you for testing your car, but at AutoZone, it's free.

Don't buy a part you don't need. AutoZone will test your car's parts for free. We can test your car's battery, alternator*, starter* and voltage regulator* while they're still on your car. We can also give your car a complete starting and charging systems test. You can also take your alternator, starter or battery into our store and we'll test it. In most stores, we can also test voltage regulators, control modules, coils, throttle position sensors (TPSs) and other engine management components.
* Service not available in CA

Battery Charging

<!--Check out our Batteries-->
AutoZone can charge your battery for free while you wait.

You left the lights on in your car overnight, and your battery is dead. What should you do? Take your battery to AutoZone. We have a Duralast Fast Charger that can charge your battery for free while you wait. The fast charger charges 12-volt batteries in about 30 minutes. AutoZone also offers overnight battery charging for 6 or 12-volt lawn and garden, motorcycle and marine batteries.

Nationwide Warranty

Lose your receipt? We store your warranty purchases in our national database.

Need to return a part at AutoZone but can't find your receipt? No problem. We keep your warranty records for you in our database. We can easily access your warranties from any store when you give us your name or telephone number. Have questions about your warranty? Call or come in to one of our stores.

Oil and Battery Recycling*

Who wants used oil and batteries? We do! AutoZone recycles used oil and batteries in most stores.

At AutoZone, we're dedicated to protecting the environment by providing drivers with a safe and easy way to dispose of used oil and batteries. Every AutoZone store accepts used batteries for recycling and 95% of our stores accept used motor oil. See your closest AutoZone store for details. Last year, AutoZone recycled millions of batteries and 9.5 million gallons of oil. That's more than any other retailer in America. Get in the Zone and recycle today.
*Oil recycling not available in Alaska.
========================
OK, it's your turn to post
There's plenty of space 4-Sure

Last edited by Space; 08-23-2013 at 07:55 AM.
Old 08-23-2013, 07:23 AM
Zen
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I like what ever store has the parts i'm looking for at the time
I used to go to auto zone a lot but the two people that were half way smart no longer work there.

Old 08-23-2013, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by Zen
I like what ever store has the parts i'm looking for at the time
I used to go to auto zone a lot but the two people that were half way smart no longer work there.

Hi `Chris, thanks for being the 1st to post on this thread...Yes, I like the "What-Ever `Parts Stores" & the one's with the best price for the product

Old 08-23-2013, 07:41 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

I tend to favor Advance AutoParts and O'reilly's (the former Murray's).

We have 3 AutoZones in my county (one is the closest of any parts store to me being a 2 minute drive). Speaking for the 3 AutoZones around me, I adopted the rule "If I cannot get it myself off the shelf, it's not worth even stopping in". They grossly understaff the stores, so in the time I'm waiting to check out, I probably could have drove to a further store and back. Plus, if I need them to look a part up, odds are high, they won't have it. Lastly, they have turned over so many people, they hire people that don't understand anything about selling auto parts.

Now, the other two places, they turn over their staff far less and 99% of the time, they have what I need.

I'm sad that a manager of my local Advance AutoParts went to a different store further away (but so far, the person filling his spot seems good).

Old 08-23-2013, 07:52 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
"If I cannot get it myself off the shelf, it's not worth even stopping in". They grossly understaff the stores...if I need them to look a part up, odds are high, they won't have it. Lastly, they have turned over so many people, they hire people that don't understand anything about selling auto parts.
This sounds like the Autozone/O'Reilly stores around here. Up until a couple years ago there was a parts store I frequented for years but the owner passed. The store closed down so now I do most of my part purchases online.

Old 08-23-2013, 08:23 AM

I have started to use Factory Motor Parts, they seem to have both experienced staff & the part you need. They almost seem to supply the repair shops more than retail, I call for what I need & stop by will call and grab it. Most of the others have staff that know less than I or just don't care.

Old 08-23-2013, 11:32 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2014
5 Year Member

Not just any Pepboys, But the Pepboys at 5 S Rte 17 Hasbrouck Heights NJ. They take care of me like I know all about cars! Ha ha, little do they know I only know enough to be Dangerous! Ha Ha Ha!

Old 08-23-2013, 11:36 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member

I go to NAPA around here, because they are the only ones who seem to know what they are talking about.
I asked Advanced Auto for a Anti rattle clip for my brakes, they told me it was a GM part only so they didn't carry it and i had to go to the dealer...

Old 08-23-2013, 11:59 AM

Hey Guys well i think all those store are best which provide better and durable parts and also give discount.Thanks!!

Old 08-23-2013, 12:00 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member

I use the Chevy dealer, e-bay and Auto anythng

Quick Reply: > What's your favorite Auto Parts Store ? <