General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

> What's your favorite Auto Parts Store ? <

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 02:37 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I usually shop by price. I like autozone and have friends who work at 2 different stores in my town. I also like the advanced auto that is about 2 minutes from my house. Everyone Ive ever talked to there knew what they were talking about

Old 08-25-2013, 10:05 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Lougreen

you are s lucky Man. I have to drive 72 miles to get to an Auto zone were the know what they are talking about. Forget advanced auto. I find Pepboys to be the best in my area because they guys who sell you parts are Also the guys who work on your car. Their levels of experience goes from the shade tree mechanic turned professional to the Body guy turned Head mechanic, To the Certified Master Mechanic. They listen to my concerns and don't make stupid suggestions that an old fart mechanic like me will know Ain't Right.
But if I'm buying parts to install myself, my Loyalty goes to the right part at the lowest price.

Old 04-30-2015, 12:31 PM

pep boys

Old 04-30-2015, 12:38 PM
Monte of the Month -- March 2015
3 Year Member1 Year Member

If I buy anything at the store it is normally advance auto parts store. Mostly because it is close to where I live and my uncle being a mechanic gets a discount if I put it on his account.

Old 04-30-2015, 12:43 PM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Oreilly most of the time because it is a block from work.

Old 04-30-2015, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by P343
Oreilly most of the time because it is a block from work.

Hi Barb, when I seen this thread from the past I thought the spirit of space was back on the MCF

* I've had good luck with Advance & O'Reilly's...Good Service, e.s. exchange `if U get the wrong part + close in prices...They are both competitive

Old 04-30-2015, 01:16 PM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

I have not had a problem with either of them.
If I have time to wait, I like JEGS and Summit also for online ordering.

Old 04-30-2015, 01:52 PM

I use Advance Auto for most things, either the store or online. They have so pretty good discounts online or you can order online and pick up at the store if they have it in stock. I often use this method but the last order I put in didn't work out so good. Advance claims you can pick up your order in one hour from the time you put it in. I put my order in Sunday after the store closed and waited to go to the store at 11 AM. This gave them from 7 AM to 11 to pick the order. Long story short it wasn't ready. They offered to pick it on the spot, but they had a long line with only 2 clerks on hand. Another was receiving a delivery. Rather than hold up the line while the order was picked, I told them I'd come back in the afternoon. When I went back they couldn't find the order, and after ten minutes of looking the person who picked the order came out from the back and showed them where the order was. I wasn't happy. I also don't like that they've gotten rid of the good employees that were there and got new ones in.

The nearest Auto Zone is in too dangerous a location to go to and more. The last time I went there, I saw a lady get hit head on in the parking lot. The driver that hit her then took off across the parking lot, over the concrete parking stops, across a 4 lane road and down a side street. When he went down the side street he sideswiped two other cars. That was it for me. The prices at the next closest Auto Zone are are higher than the closer one, so I gave up on Auto Zone.

I also use Rock Auto,and GM Parts Direct on line, but Rock Autos shipping charges are crazy high.

Old 04-30-2015, 03:23 PM

I have a privately owned bumper to bumper store my friends grandpa owns,i can sit in there for hours and he gives me all the advice I need,always recommends the best products and helps diagnose my issues in his parking lot,he is a firm believer in OEM,he always has the parts you need so you don't have to wait,his prices and warranties are fair,he carries anything from repair manuals to paint and body work supplies and everything in between

Old 05-01-2015, 09:12 AM

Hi `Word,
It's great you have a good place 2 `go for parts +

I go to the below Auto Parts...Great Discount & if you phone in your order they usually can have them the next day. >

Sometimes you must wear gloves to pick them `up...
They are pretty hot, but the price is right (lol)

Quick Reply: > What's your favorite Auto Parts Store ? <