General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

What happens at the 2013 GM Nat... has to be fixed at home

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 11:51 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Man that was a clean azz Monte you had too. Suckers, may a thousand camels fleas infest their armpits and they have many sleepless nights looking out their window, wondering and waiting for the cops. Tough break, would hate to have that happen to any of us. Looks like a truck got you, it was Dave's truck... lol

Old 06-25-2013, 05:36 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Time for the external mods! Haha

Sent from my BlackBerry Z10

Old 06-25-2013, 08:07 AM

Monte of the Month -- August 2013
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Wow, sorry to hear. People just aren't careful around other people's things

Old 06-25-2013, 08:37 AM

Hi Mod 'Jason,
It was sad to read what happened to your pride & joy

There seems to be a high price to pay to own & drive a ride that is kept in top showroom condition. It's sad that there are so many humans that have no respect for others & their property
I do hope there is a judgement day & that people like this are punished for their bad acts upon others during their journey of human life.

(It sad that the hotel did not have camera's )
Maybe our future mod's will be to hook up a full time vid coverage of our ride when it is out of our sight)

`Mod Jason, I hope that your repairs don't cost you big $'s & that the shop you choose, does great work.
Wish you the best 4>sure

I'm thinking about getting something like the below (?) LOL

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 06-25-2013 at 09:20 AM.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:30 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

That is terrible Jason!! I feel so bad for ya man I just cant believe how a person ca do that to someones car and just walk away!!!!

Old 06-25-2013, 09:34 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02
Man that was a clean azz Monte you had too. Suckers, may a thousand camels fleas infest their armpits and they have many sleepless nights looking out their window, wondering and waiting for the cops. Tough break, would hate to have that happen to any of us. Looks like a truck got you, it was Dave's truck... lol
It might have been my truck.... But Greg borrowed it!
Greg:
I told you not to say anything!

Last edited by STUMPMI; 06-25-2013 at 09:36 AM.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:09 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thanks gang. I know all fellow car guys and gals understand what a blow this is. And I think the horrible thing is some low-life can't be a descent enough to fess up and make good, instead, based on the tracks kept going and never thought twice.

I know it will never happen, but one could hope. I keep hoping that with all the Facebook and MCF exposure that something may lead to catching the guy that did this. But reality is, the odds of this guy getting caught is slim to none.

I'm doing a little better today because I talked to a body shop yesterday that my insurance agent (on my day off). They believe the hood is repairable, possibly the fender and they answered all my questions/concerns with acceptable answers.

On my way to the shop, I saw a flat bed tow truck leaving a gas station with a '06/07 Monte that appears to have had the interior catch fire! Kinda creeped me out seeing that on my way to the body shop.

I never asked for the cost of the estimate (my guess is it's probably about $2000-$3000 worth of damage). The cost doesn't matter as all I'm stuck paying is my $500 deductible.

A thought that crossed my mind is if I finally had my '84 Camaro restored, how much harder this would have been to deal with on that car.

I know my personality and this is going to hang with me for a while (and the sooner the car is fixed and 100% back to normal) the sooner my mind will let this go. Right now, I'm waiting on the body shop to call me when they are ready to bring it in.

Thanks again everyone. You guys are a great and understanding support group.

Old 06-25-2013, 01:11 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

Sucks that it happened Jason, hopefully everything gets fixed up good as new.

Old 06-25-2013, 01:30 PM

Wow! That's complete bull ****. People just don't care about other people's property. It's a shame that happened. Good thing is it'll be better than new once it gets repaired. Who are you taking it to for work?

Old 06-25-2013, 03:49 PM

Oh no! I hope it gets fixed properly and to your standards. I was at Carlisle on Saturday and I saw your car along with many other nice Montes. It's crazy to think that could of happened. I went back to Carlisle on Sunday and the only 6th gen Monte was the Dale Jr edition with the skeleton in the drivers seat lol. I always enjoy going to Carlisle. Good luck with your car and I hope that this doesn't deter you from participating in the next show there. I will probably be going again in the fall.

Quick Reply: What happens at the 2013 GM Nat... has to be fixed at home