General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

A VERY Disappointing Day (Montes@MIS)

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 09:01 PM
Default RE: A VERY Disappointing Day (Montes@MIS)

I would have registered myself, but as Space said the recession is affecting me. I have an MCSE degree, 10 years experianceand can't even get a friggin Help Desk job in 4 months in 2 metro areas?!?!! Sure overqulified, but I should pull a desktop support, database admin, or systems admin job.

Now I'm doing a $10 temp agency job because I drained my savings. There are alot of people taking jobs they were getting paid alot more for in the past because they were laid off from another position. Hell alot of the the larger companies have laid off their $20-$25 machinist positions and started shops in China. Now these guys are making 9-13 per hour but it is the best they can get.

Old 03-05-2008, 02:02 AM

Well, all i know is that everything is just too damn expensive ...
I went to the store the other day and a gallon of milk is $5.00 and I look over at the orange juice and it's $6.49. If this isn't the sign of bad times I don't know what is ...

Food is too expensive
Living is too expensive
Gas is too damn expensive
Jobs are hard to find ...

[&o] ... all I have is my Monte to keep me sane ... if it wasn't for her id be dead somewhere ...

Old 03-05-2008, 10:20 AM

i simply cant afford to spend the money or take the time off work...even my turbo plans have been thrown out the window due to suprise bills and the high cost of livin next year in milwaukee

Old 03-05-2008, 10:56 AM

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: kweef

i simply cant afford to spend the money or take the time off work...even my turbo plans have been thrown out the window [X(]due to suprise bills and the high cost of livin next year in milwaukee
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Hi Jeremy, I can reallyrelate to your situation : ([/align][align=center]Everything is going `up, but my paycheck.[X(][/align][align=center]And several of the clients that I wash their cars[/align][align=center]have cut back, and the other's aren't tip'in as much.[X(][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I'm doing homework research now on the[/align][align=center]Global Economy, it it's not look'in good 4 `Space : ([/align][align=center]Good Luck to you & members.[/align][align=center]`Dan -04 Inimidator, super good luck 2 U in your search.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
[/align]
Pol/Econ: Why the Dollar is Falling: Recession Gets Priority Over Inflation

[align=center][/align]
Monday, 03 March 2008 Written by Bill Bonner
Hi Pres
[align=center][/align]
[:-]

[align=center][/align]

"The first quarter will be ugly," said an analyst at Deutschebank after looking at the latest report on the fourth quarter.

In the last three months of 2007, the U.S. economy neither grew nor shrank. Instead, it just came to a halt. The official report shows GDP rising at an annual rate of 0.6%. The previous three months showed growth of over 4%.

What is happening is what is supposed to happen and what we've been waiting to happen but so far hasn't happened - the United States is entering a recession and is probably in one now.

New jobless claims are up more than expected, says one report. The economy is softening more than expected, says another. More bad news: mortgage rates are going up.

[align=center][/align][center]The feds, you'll recall, are far more interested in fighting recession than they are in fighting inflation. That's why the dollar is falling..[X(]. about which, more in a minute. But in the battle between the feds and deflation... it appears that the feds are getting their derrieres kicked. And they're losing the non-battle against inflation too. The cannon to the left of us and the cannon to the right of us volley and thunder no matter what the Fed does.

Yes, dear reader, as you sow... so shall ye reap. The feds sowed inflation - and now they've got a bumper yield of it. They planted a good crop of deflation too - by encouraging so many bubbles and so much debt. They're going to fill the silos with that too.

And what can they do about it?

"The Fed is not really in control of the situation," says Paul Volcker, former Fed chairman and the last man at America's central bank to protect the dollar.

[b]In

Old 03-05-2008, 11:50 AM
Monte Of The Month - April 2010 & Sep
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

ORIGINAL: knightfan26917

ORIGINAL: rj

Guess what you're saying about a recession must be true Space? Although I don't see anything out of the normal as far as prices, income, and the things people do or drive. You still see 10,000 SUVs or city block long pickups flying down the road that can not be cheap to put gasoline in? Yet you look inside these vehicles and see one woman. No one else???????
Heh ... and, here, I thought I was the only one that was seeing this irony ... and shaking my head ... wondering about this.

It just doesn't quite add up, does it, RJ?

As for MIS ... dangblasted. I think it is more than just the economy. It is, after all, in EARLY April ... a time when some don't even have their cars out yet for the year. Plus, weather in MI can still wreak a bit of havock.

*shrugs*

I don't recall seeing as much about this ... on ANY forum ... this year as I did last year, which might be a factor as well. I know a couple people that thought it had been cancelled a few MONTHS ago instead of just recently.....

Whatever the case may be ... very sad news indeed, especially given the complete package this event offers to people....

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Nobody likes to be let down" ... Jack Johnson ... 'Flake'
Couldn;t agree more. I haven;t seen many posts about it being advertised, and it's just too earily in April to have an outdoor, traveled event. My car is usually in storage until the end of april.