Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   General Monte Carlo Talk (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/general-monte-carlo-talk-9/)
-   -   A VERY Disappointing Day (Montes@MIS) (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/general-monte-carlo-talk-9/very-disappointing-day-montes%40mis-8275/)

rj 03-04-2008 04:07 PM

A VERY Disappointing Day (Montes@MIS)

I just checked my email and found this message. [/align][/align][/align]Due to the severe lack of registrations up to this point the 5th Annual Monte's at MIS has been cancelled! MIS gave me an extra 30 days to get in the non-refundable $1000.00 deposit on the track. That would have been all the money that I had for the show. And I would have still owed $3000.00 to complete the transaction. Looking at the numbers I was left with no choice but to cancel the show. This is deeply disappointing to me personally. I put allot (as do others) into this show not just the weekend of the show but year round finding spongers and finding stuff and info to better the show. For the few that have already registered you will receive a refund check within the next 30 days for the full amount you paid. If you have any questions you can email me at montess@bex.net Mike Breeden[/align]

rj 03-04-2008 04:11 PM

RE: A VERY Disappointing Day (Montes@MIS)

I am not trying to lay any kind of blame or what have you on anyone.

It's just sad we Monte owners can't support an event someone was willing to put together JUST FOR US!!!

I hear people crying they wish there were more events they can take their car to. We have a chance to do just that, and we won't even support the event.

BeachBumMike 03-04-2008 04:21 PM

[align=center]Hi `R.J.,[/align][align=center]I was sorry to read your post information on the event being cancelled.[X(][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I think everyone that has a Monte Carlo would like to attend a event like M.I.S.,[/align][align=center]but I really think this recession that our country is in is[/align][align=center]having a bad affect on what people can afford to do.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]The cost of living has increased, and paychecks have not [X(][/align][align=center]I only have to take care of myself, and help friends, and I don't know[/align][align=center]how many of the families are coping with the high prices of everything:[/align][align=center]Gas/Food/Housing/Insurance/etc...[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Maybe `if we climb out of this slump, that life will improve for `all.[/align][align=center]I sure hope so, & I also pray for a better life for all: )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I think &believe our positives in life, stilloutweigh the `negatives.[/align][align=center]R.J., when you get your refund back, go out & enjoy something special.[/align][align=center]And be one of the fortunate `few : ) EnJoy your `journey's[/align][align=center]in your Awesome LTZ Monte : )[/align][align=center]Peace/Out/`Space[/align][align=center][/align]

rj 03-04-2008 04:36 PM

Guess what you're saying about a recession must be true Space? Although I don't see anything out of the normal as far as prices, income, and the things people do or drive. You still see 10,000 SUVs or city block long pickups flying down the road that can not be cheap to put gasoline in? Yet you look inside these vehicles and see one woman. No one else???????

I am thinking since I already have the time scheduled off work to go away for the weekend someplace? Cause it looks like I'll be $80 richer by that time since I'm getting a refund.

Cowboy6622 03-04-2008 05:59 PM

Well all I can say is I'm glad I decided to go to DC now... too late to get in the door at this point if I hadn't already.

I assure you.. if the event was in VA/NC/SC I would go... no if's/and's/ or but's about it. I know you mentioned over at Monte Mill that so many people in that area want a car show.. you post about it.. and get little to no response, and then they cry out again....

I think a big part of it is the economy... and a bigger part is that he increased the registration free from $25 to $75. I don't know what to say RJ... maybe later on we can try again...

Sorry.

Cowboy 'Duane...

scc24540 03-04-2008 06:04 PM

i think also allowing others cars to a monte car show caused this, that was the only reason i decided against it. no way in hell id drive 2000 miles round trip to a monte show thats sporting impalas

Taz 03-04-2008 06:04 PM

It's too bad about Montes @ MIS.
I think what Space said about the recession does have a lot to do with it.
But I think there's lots of other factors involved too. Distance to travel, ability to get time off from work, permission to go from the wife, money, and so on.

Plus a number of Monte drivers are under the age of 21, and driving out to MIS is not an option for a lot of these people.

It really is too bad about MIS, hopefully there's a next year.

rj 03-04-2008 06:06 PM

Duane,

The registration fee, Mike asked everyone last year if we'd be willing to pay a higher price for the chance to have that kind of fun again? EVERYONE agreed they would. Okay, the majority agreed they would. I (like a few others) was thinking it over whether or not they could afford the added cost?

So the fact getting in to the event went higher, there's no one to blame but the people who attended last year.

Cowboy6622 03-04-2008 06:07 PM

I was looking forward ot the stories.... ;(

Cowboy6622 03-04-2008 06:24 PM

This forum hasn't had as much reaction to the event. Last year the thread was sticky'd(I wasn't a member but I was floating in and out occasionally and looking at it). There were like 8 pages of talkign about it and several members going. This year, we barelly got 3 pages out of it.