General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

>Top Speed<

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2014, 05:32 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

The fastest I've ever done with my Monte is 110mph. Hoping to go faster then that the next time I'm at a drag strip though Nowadays I don't care about top speeds of vehicles all that much, it's about acceleration for me.

To answer the question of why do we build cars that can go faster then any speed limit, I believe that it just naturally happens due to our demands for acceleration. We like cars that can get out of their own way. Now why auto manufacturers don't have slower speed limitors is not something I can answer.

Old 07-05-2014, 06:51 PM

I had my 04 Monte up to the governor years ago. On a freeway with no traffic. Didn't get caught then but I did get caught doing 75 in a 55 on a back road once.

My last ticket was in 2007. 78 in a 65 (I thought it was still a 70) and I was picked out of a crowd (also going the same speed) due to having out of state tags. My stepdad said that NC State Troopers are known for targeting out of state cars.

I've stayed pretty well clean since then.

Old 07-05-2014, 09:45 PM

I try to keep it within 10 of the limit, always tempting to let the ponies out. Fastest has been 110, haven't found a safe place to take it any faster. Good point on making sure the car is in good shape before pushing any limits.

No tickets in years, hope to keep it that way for a long time.

Old 07-06-2014, 03:57 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Cool Thanks everyone for your posts/words/contributions

Thanks Zipper, Sgt Drew, Ron & Member's for posting/sharing your story/infor.....

Does maturity & life lessons slow a person down on their highways of life ?

Wish everyone safe & happy travels...

Old 07-06-2014, 08:46 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Thumbs up >Top Speed<

Top Speed Car list - Autosnout.com

www.autosnout.com/Car-Top-Speed-List.php

A list of 100's of cars and their respective Top Speed. Top Speed (mph and km/h) listfor 100's of the fastest classic and performance cars ever made.

List of fastest production cars - Wikipedia, the free ...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fastest_production_cars
Wikipedia

A Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Super Sport World Record Edition - the fastest road legal production car reaching 431 km/h. Top speed (mph) by year. This is a list of the ...List of fastest production cars ... - ‎Benz Velo - ‎Bugatti EB110 - ‎Hennessey Venom GT

">top speed - TOP CAR RATING

www.topcarrating.com/topspeed.php

The top car ratings, a complete list of all the supercars and best cars in the world. ... Limited model Veyron Super Sport has set a new speed record for serial ...2013 Mercedes-Benz E 63 ... - ‎Lamborghini. The fastest cars ... - ‎2011 SSC Tuatara

Cars technical specifications - www.cars-data.com

www.cars-data.com/

Discover the most complete car technical specifications database with all car brands, compare all car models to find best performance, top speed, power or ...

Top 50: Fastest Cars

whoartnow.hubpages.com › Autos

Feb 16, 2009 - Top 10 Fastest Production Cars in the World · Top 10 list of Fastest cars.... M5 has a top speed of 195. but if you wish to add cars to the list that ...

">10 Fastest Street Legal Cars in the World

wallstcheatsheet.com/.../10-fastest-road-legal-cars-in-the-world.html/?a...

Jan 8, 2014 - Further, each car is measured by its confirmed top speed; theoretical ... It shares tenth place on the list with the Ascari A10 and the Aston Martin ...

">Car Specifications Directory - acceleration, top speed, hp ...

www.carspecsdirectory.com/

Welcome to one of the largest collections of car specifications on the internet. This collection of Acceleration (0-60 mph, 0-100 km/h, 1/4 mile times) top speed, ...