General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Tires

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 02:56 PM

i'll be getting new tires in the next few months so i've been shopping around. this thread has been a great help so thanx guys.

has anyone tried any brand of tires from fleet farm? i looked in their flyer and i see roadrunner brand (a real cheap brand) and cooper cs4 touring. does anyone know about these tires and how they perform? call me a cheap-*** or whatever you want, but i'm just shopping around right now. when i get a chance this weekend, i'll see if i can find some reviews online.

i know there aren't fleet farms all around the country but i just thought i would throw the question out there...

Old 09-04-2009, 04:11 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Originally Posted by MAMONTE
I'm assuming you meant you liked the Continetal ContiExtreme Contact?
Yep... I corrected it.

Old 09-04-2009, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by drewskie043
i'll be getting new tires in the next few months so i've been shopping around. this thread has been a great help so thanx guys.

has anyone tried any brand of tires from fleet farm? i looked in their flyer and i see roadrunner brand (a real cheap brand) and cooper cs4 touring. does anyone know about these tires and how they perform? call me a cheap-*** or whatever you want, but i'm just shopping around right now. when i get a chance this weekend, i'll see if i can find some reviews online.

i know there aren't fleet farms all around the country but i just thought i would throw the question out there...
The tires there are not bad actually. I have run them on some other cars and the channel in the middle of the all-season tire is very nice for snow, water and ice. The only thing I would watch out for is on which one (Fleetfarms) you go to because I know that the one in Oakdale the guys there are crooks and or do not know what they are doing. I went there for a free alignment (Which they tried to charge me for) and they said my car was struggling to get down the road. They told me it would be $400 and take the whole day to lengthen the bolt holes and realign the car. I thought it was fishy so I said I would call or be back if I wanted the service. I then went to a very good tire shop with well trained guys who said the alignment was off according to stock because I had bigger wheels on so the numbers are different than stock but normal and the car is fine. I am just glad I didn't pay $400 for them to screw up my car but I will NEVER go back there for even tires much less service.

For MN I honestly would look at those Yokohama Avid TRZ tires for the price and 80,000 mile warranty you can not really go wrong. Plus if you go to a discount tire they will price match Tirerack.com if you sweet talk them a little.

Last edited by Pure2sin; 09-04-2009 at 04:19 PM.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:16 PM

I have goodyear mystique's all around. nice tires. cost me almost 500 for the whole set of four though. Damn 16 inch rims.

Old 09-06-2009, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Pure2sin
The tires there are not bad actually. I have run them on some other cars and the channel in the middle of the all-season tire is very nice for snow, water and ice. The only thing I would watch out for is on which one (Fleetfarms) you go to because I know that the one in Oakdale the guys there are crooks and or do not know what they are doing. I went there for a free alignment (Which they tried to charge me for) and they said my car was struggling to get down the road. They told me it would be $400 and take the whole day to lengthen the bolt holes and realign the car. I thought it was fishy so I said I would call or be back if I wanted the service. I then went to a very good tire shop with well trained guys who said the alignment was off according to stock because I had bigger wheels on so the numbers are different than stock but normal and the car is fine. I am just glad I didn't pay $400 for them to screw up my car but I will NEVER go back there for even tires much less service.

For MN I honestly would look at those Yokohama Avid TRZ tires for the price and 80,000 mile warranty you can not really go wrong. Plus if you go to a discount tire they will price match Tirerack.com if you sweet talk them a little.
Thanks for the tip pure2sin. i will definitely look into the yokohamas. they are not a directional tire like the bf goodrich traction ta's so they will be easier to rotate. plus, they look to be reasonable in price too.

Old 09-19-2009, 02:31 AM

I have the Magnaflow too and love it, my brother got his used from craigslist but I wanted a valid warranty so I got it here. Magnaflow Exhaust 15709, or you can try one of the sponsors here on the forum, they are allways having sales/specials. Either way its a great exhaust system, sounds great, and very easy to install.

Old 09-19-2009, 02:34 AM

I have the Magnaflow too and love it, my brother got his used from craigslist but I wanted a valid warranty so I got it here. Magnaflow Exhaust 15709, or you can try one of the sponsors here on the forum, they are allways having sales/specials. Either way its a great exhaust system, sounds great, and very easy to install.