General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Salvage Title Car-Feel free to add pics

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 12:51 AM

Nice pics. I love this car. One of my uncle bought this car. I got an opportunity to travel in this car. I find it a very wonderful ride.

Old 07-23-2012, 08:17 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

My Monte has been in an accident. It was NOT salvaged, because the cost of repair was not greater than 2/3rds of the cars value. It was just a normal accident and repair. But nobody would ever know it was in an accident, it drives perfectly. In fact i've put more miles on it after the accident than it had before the accident. There was nothing but cosmetic damage caused by the accident, the main bumper and unibody was fine. I needed a new fender, headlight, hood, and bumper cover.

Old 07-23-2012, 11:27 AM
3 Year Member1 Year Member

havent seen this thread in awhile lol. Just to update for anyone from Iowa who wanted to know. It is possible to fully insure a prior salvaged titled car. Not sure how it works with different companies but both Geico and progressive were willing to put a prior salvaged car on full coverage. Of course the payout would be less, but to me getting something would be better than getting nothing. I've bveen looking at a few rebuilt salvage title car for a cheap DD to save on gas came across some cheap ones too. Founda Stratus SXT coupe with 73k for 3,000 just needs the panels realigned better if u ask me and then it'd be good. Not sure I'm gunna buy it though just was looking.

Old 07-23-2012, 11:29 AM
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by MAMONTE
My Monte has been in an accident. It was NOT salvaged, because the cost of repair was not greater than 2/3rds of the cars value. It was just a normal accident and repair. But nobody would ever know it was in an accident, it drives perfectly. In fact i've put more miles on it after the accident than it had before the accident. There was nothing but cosmetic damage caused by the accident, the main bumper and unibody was fine. I needed a new fender, headlight, hood, and bumper cover.
To me I hate when some arnt as lucky in this situation. I've seen some nice car, even Monte carlos that are just pure cosmetic damage yet have salvage title with low miles. If you ask me some insurance companies just value the car lower to call it totalled but that just my opinion.

Old 08-08-2012, 02:46 AM

Superb car. Please try to post more pics.

Old 08-08-2012, 11:10 AM

wieredly the insurance company totaled my cougar out when i was in that accedent with it. i fixed it there was no frame damage the insurance put down at the time rebuild body damage. the title is still clean other than getting some parts to fix the fenders and hood and hinges. ironically i still have to fix the condencer and the ac cluch on it other than that it is insured and drivable. acording to dmv and my insurance company. i still get 28 babying the throttle plus the mods i did to it i didnt want it to go. mods as in better throttle body cold air intake full exaughst and full synthetic all the way around. i cant complane