General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

ROAD TEST/REVIEWS: MONTE CARLO'S

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 06:53 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: = ROAD TEST: MONTE CARLO'S =

For Sale $ 72,000
2003 MonteCarlo Race Car (Harvick)
Description
Purchased directly from Richard Childress Racing. Driven by Kevin Harvick on road courses. Vintage raced and maintained by Gene Felton Restorations past 2 years. Fresh 800 HP NASCAR SB2 engine, Penske shocks, Brembo brakes, Jerico. All the right stuff. One of the best There will be no more Goodwrench cars!
Performance Data
[ul][*][align=center]Class: NASCAR [/align][*][align=center]Track: Road Atl 2:12 Sebring [/align][/ul]
Engine
[ul][*][align=center]Engine Builder: Dale Earnhardt Inc. [/align][*][align=center]Manufacturer: GM [/align][*][align=center]Horsepower: 806 [/align][*][align=center]Torque: 560 [/align][*][align=center]Induction: Carb [/align][*][align=center]Heads: NASCAR Earnhardt [/align][*][align=center]Block: NASCAR Chevy [/align][*][align=center]Crankshaft: NASCAR [/align][*][align=center]Connecting Rods: NASCAR [/align][*][align=center]Pistons: NASCAR [/align][*][align=center]Camshaft: Roller [/align][*][align=center]Valves: Titanium [/align][*][align=center]Valve Train: NASCAR [/align][*][align=center]Clutch: Tilton Triple-disc [/align][*][align=center]Pressure Plate: Tilton [/align][*][align=center]Flywheel: Tilton [/align][*][align=center]Exhaust: Boom tube [/align][*][align=center]Total Time: 0 hrs [/align][*][align=center]Engine built by NASCAR engine builder [/align][/ul]
Fuel System
[ul][*][align=center]Fuel Cell [/align][*][align=center]Manufacturer: ATL [/align][*][align=center]Age: 3 [/align][*][align=center]Capacity: 22 [/align][*][align=center]Fuel Pump: Mechanical [/align][*][align=center]Fuel Type: Race [/align][/ul]
Oil/Water System
[ul][*][align=center]Oil Cooler: 3 [/align][*][align=center]Oil Cooler Location: engine, trans,rear-end [/align][/ul]
Electrical System
[ul][*][align=center]Ignition: MSD [/align][*][align=center]Alternator: yes [/align][*][align=center]Battery: yes [/align][/ul]
Transmission
[ul][*][align=center]Manfacturer: Jerico [/align][*][align=center]Type: Road race [/align][*][align=center]Gears: road race [/align][*][align=center]Shifter: road race [/align][*][align=center]Trans Cooler: yes [/align][/ul]
Rear End
[ul][*][align=center]Manufacturer: Ford 9 [/align][*][align=center]Type: Detroit Locker [/align][*][align=center]Cooler: yes [/align][*][align=center]Ratio: optional [/align][*][align=center]Case: nodular [/align][*][align=center]Axles: NASCAR [/align][*][align=center]Races: 1 [/align][/ul]
Body
[ul][*][align=center]Construction: steel [/align][*][align=center]Color: black [/align][*][align=center]Condition: excellent [/align][*][align=center]nose just re-finished and decaled [/align][/ul]
Chassis
[ul][*][align=center]Builder: Hopkins [/align][*][align=center]Material: steel [/align][*][align=center]Finish: very good [/align][*][align=center]Condition: perfect [/align][*][align=center]Front Suspension: Hopkins, perfect [/align][*][align=center]Shocks: Penske 2006 [/align][*][align=center]Brakes: Brembo [/align][*][align=center]Steering: 12:1 [/align][*][align=center]Wheels: NASCAR [/

Old 05-18-2007, 09:59 AM

[align=center]Are you a Jeff Gordon Fan ?[/align][align=center]Do you want to buy a Monte Carlo from him ?[/align][align=center]Then look below[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Jeff Gordon Chevrolet - 228 South College Road Wilmington, NC 28403 .

Four times NASCAR Winston Cup Champion, Jeff Gordon, displays the same winning formula he uses on the race track in his dealership. Jeff Gordon Chevrolet opened its doors in June of 1998 in Wilmington, North Carolina and has quickly become one of the fastest growing automobile dealerships in the southeast. Since opening, customers have come from all over to take advantage of a fantastic selection of new and used vehicles and Jeff Gordon Chevrolet's commitment to the highest standards of customer service.We would be happy to trade with MCF Moderator Wiz Kidd
and put him into a Jeff Gordon Signature Monte Carlo. We will even put on a SuperCharger for him.
http://www.jeffgordonchevy.com/aboutus/aboutus.jsp [/align][align=center]May 2007[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]is[/align][align=center]MCF Member[/align][align=center] SpaceRider[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][sm=hail.gif][sm=happy046.gif][sm=hail.gif][/align][/align][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]

Old 05-18-2007, 10:58 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

hey that would be a cool dealership to go check out...

i think i would trade if it was supercharged...actually i definetely would

Old 05-18-2007, 12:50 PM

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: wiz kidd

hey that would be a cool dealership to go check out...

i think i would trade if it was supercharged...actually i definetely would
[/align][align=center]Mod Wiz Kidd, [/align][align=center]I'm sure it could be done, but it would cost to turn a Jeff Gordon [/align][align=center]Signature into a Supercharged Version like yours. Just not the SuperCharger, but Transmission, suspension, Brakes,etc.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Time + Money & it could be done : )[/align][align=center]but, I would rather get a last year 07 Monte Carlo SS[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I think it will become a future collector model also,[/align][align=center]along with your Tony Stewart Monte (only 1020 made: )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I bet Jeff Gordon has modified his rides & hiswife's: )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]"To dare to Dream"[/align][align=center]It's still free, isn't it ?[/align][align=center]`space[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]We only have to pay for our Dreams, when we buy them,[/align][align=center]I can't afford mine, right now...I'm work'in on it : )[/align]

Old 05-18-2007, 06:58 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

If I can't own the $72k Goodwrench Monte (think how cool it'd be to take to car shows) then I'll settle for one of the last if not the last '07 SS.

Old 05-19-2007, 09:59 AM

[align=center]Below Web Page is from Owner Paul Carreiro[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center]
[hr]
[/align][align=center]

86 Monte Carlo SS!

Original Owner:
[/align][align=center]
Paul Carreiro
El Camino Village, CA

Webmaster of MonteCarloSS.com

[/align]
[align=center]

[hr]

[/align][align=center]

Return to Main Page
Current Status | List of Modifications | Future Modifications | Exhaust Audio
Dyno Graphs |
Technical Tips & Articles | Pictures | Web Rings | Contact Me

[/align][blockquote][align=center]
[/align][align=center]

[hr]

[/align][align=center]

Welcome to the page that started it all: my personal Monte Carlo SS page. This is what spawned MonteCarloSS.com. Here you'll find details about my 86 SS. The most recent project being the swap of the L69 for a high performance 350, along with a complete detailing of the front end.
[/align][align=center]

[hr]

[/align][align=center]

Current Status / Project

Latest News, 1-18-04: Serpentine Belt Setup
I've been spending a little time each day on the project, taking my time. At this point the Edelbrock TES headers have been installed. I'll use them for engine break-in, then swap them out in favor of the Hooker 2050's I have waiting. The mini-high-torque starter is installed from TurboBuicks.com. The Edelbrock high volume fuel pump is also installed. Carb is in place with all the linkages and hoses connected. Cruise control and EGR solenoid are also installed. The most recent project is preping and installing the serpentine belt accessory setup. It's off of a 1990 Caprice. I've been test fitting, and cleaning the setup the past few days. I still need to figure out where two braces go, and pick up the new pressure fitting for the power steering pump to match the XH steering box. I'll also be swapping out the A/C compressor for now with an A/C delete pulley.

Alternator Interference Concern
I purchased a brand new 105 amp CS style alternator for the serpentine setup. The new alternator's rear contact is about 1/8" away from the valve cover. I can round off the contact to give about 1/4" clearance. That will probably have to do for now. Anyone else with a serpentine setup run into this?
Closeup, Wide Angle
[/align][align=center]

[hr]

[/align][align=center]

1-04-04: Engine Installed!
Image[b] The big day finally arrived! Got the engine installed today with the help of my brother and nephew! I

Old 05-19-2007, 10:26 AM

[align=center]Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS
By `Space : )
November 28, 2003

[/align][align=center]There's something slightly odd about testing a car called an "SS". While petrolheads may know that Chevrolet uses the letters to indicate a "Super Sports" derivative, it's hard not to wonder how many SS models are bought by German-speaking Argentineans. Anyway, just in case I wanted to maintain a low profile whilst driving a Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS past my local synagogue, GM kindly delivered a press car painted in "Competition Yellow".
No matter. Even in kindergarten-friendly hues, the SS' shape lacks charisma. It's best viewed from the side, where cleverly-placed swage lines accentuate balanced proportions. From the front, nothing. The rear transports us to the 70's, when safety legislation triggered a plague of bulbous bumper grafts. Overall, Monte's anodyne design projects less visual aggression than a tuned Honda - never mind its hairy-chested ancestors.
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]The SS' interior offers a more direct link to the past; a time when rotary ***** and plastic sliders controlled all ergonomic functions. Actually, ***** and sliders are an excellent way to tweak graduated systems at speed. It's just that Monte's switchgear is fashioned from black, pre-disco plastic; a substance so nasty even vinyl would be a welcome upgrade. The test car's cabin had all the gizmology of a modern car - XM radio, On Star, power this and that - with none of the soft touch sensuality, backlit fun or technological flair of its Japanese rivals.
What the SS does have is "lebensraum" (living space). Unlike the competition, Monte is a full-sized coupe for full-sized drivers and two of their full-sized American friends. The seats may provide the same lateral support as a museum bench, but they're comfortable enough for all but the extremely obese or chronically tall. Maybe that's why the steering wheel wouldn't seem out of place in a bus. On the positive side, the elbow friendly dimensions yield an important safety benefit: a five-star front impact rating.[/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center]Ah, but who cares about such sensible concerns as life or death when you've got a bad *** V8 rumbling in the engine bay? If only. The Monte Carlo SS is powered by a 3.8 litre supercharged V6. The Series II (L65) power plant is mechanical sacrilege. Lest we forget, the original SS, the 1961 Chevrolet Impala SS, sported a 409 cubic inch V8. It was so powerful (360hp) that its capacity was immortalized by The Beach Boys in their hit song "409".
[b]GM's decision to give the Monte Carlo SS a 231 cubic inch V6 is even more baffling when you consider the V8-powered monsters wearing the Monte Carlo badge currently competing for NASCAR glory. I mean, the late, great Dale Earnhardt drove a Monte Carlo! Surely, there was a suitably compact engine somewhere in the secret store room of GM's Performance Division… Mind you, Monte's super six is a feisty little thing. Roust the car's lag-free supercharger and the engine generates more than merely ade

Old 05-19-2007, 01:17 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

If you've never met Paul C (who owns/operates the MonteSS web site) he's really a nice guy.

Paul usually attends the NMCOA Monte Nats. That's where I've met him.

Old 05-21-2007, 08:01 AM

[align=center][/align][align=center]Car review on 1970CHEVROLET MONTE CARLO[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]The Monte Carlo was supposed to be luxurious more than sporty, and it was built on the Chevelle platform but used a slightly longer wheelbase. It had extra rubber mounts fitted between the body and chassis to reduce vibration from the street, pins extra sound-deadening inside. The option RPO Z20 made you the SS454 model, and that incorporated the largest big-block Chevy had on offer, the infamous 'Rat'. The long stroke of the LS-5 motor produced the torque, giving the car endless power through the rev range. The following year's version of the same engine, coded LS-6, produced even more power with 450 bhp (335 kW). Underneath the car ran with the Chevelle's wishbone front and coil-sprung rear suspension, with an Automatic Level Control system and on-board air compressor to control ride height. luside it featured soft vinyl bucket seats and a simulated walnut burr dash.[/align][align=center][:-]
[/align]
[align=center]CHEVROLET MONTE CARLO SPECIFICATION[/align][align=center]STOP SPEED 132 mph (211 km/h)

0-60 mph (0-96 KM/H)7.1 sec

ENGINE TYPE V8

DISPLACEMENT454 ci (7,439 cc)

TRANSMISSION 3-speed AUTO

MAXIMUM POWER 360 bhp (268 kW) @ 4,400 rpm

MAXIMUM TORQUE 500 lb ft (678 Nm) @ 3,200 rpm

WEIGHT 3,860 lb (1,754 kg)

ECONOMY 11.5 mpg (4.07 km/l)[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]

[/align][align=center]

[hr]

[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]2000 LS Monte Carlo

[/align][align=c

Old 05-23-2007, 06:43 AM

[align=center][:-]This Monte Carlo would look great on display in front of [/align][align=center]Wismer's High Performance Auto Parts[:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]
Mod `Wiz Kidd could drive it around town for promotions : )
[hr]

[align=center][/align][align=center]

2002 Chevy Monte Carlo "#24 Jeff Gordon"
Condition: Very Good
PriceUS $50,000 Currency_Convert Location: Oklahoma City, OK

This listing has been viewed 6127 times.
4 Photos
Larger Index
xxNext

click for more photos
Description
[b]2002 #24 Jeff Gordon raced at Talladega and Daytona. It is also truly a once in a lifetime opportunity to own possibly the most popular cars in recent NASCAR history. It is an AUTHENTIC #24 Jeff Gordon 2002 Monte Carlo skin. This skin is the REAL DEAL, straight from the track. It is our understanding the during the Daytona race, the original Hendrick engine had problems and the engine was replaced with a Waltrip engine. The car still has the Talladega spec stickers on the rear. You'll want to look closely at all of the photos included in this auction. Please remember that we encourage you to ask questions. We have additional photos of the car at all angles available for those interested. This is your chance to own a piece of racing and NASCAR history and an excellent investment. Look at what other car skins and memorabilia with race history bring after 20-30 years. It would make an excellent addition to that NASCAR fan. No trailer is included. You can be the only person on your block with something like this. This will turn you into an instant local celebrity! Rest assured, we are legit and the car can be viewed by appointment. It is a breathtaking site to say the least. The purchaser of this car agrees to sign a bill of sale/disclaimer that releases the current owner of any liability in the event of injury and that the car is sold as-is-as-shown without warranty and all sales are final. As this is a race car, it will be sold with a bill of sale only as there is no title and it is NOT street legal. Given the high HP, it is a dangerous vehicle for professional use only and should be treated with respect. We are NOT responsible for damage caused by this vehicle or any injury when using this vehicle. It should be considered for display or show purposes ONLY. In addition, any research on this vehicle should be done PRIOR to purchasing. This car would be a great addition to anyone's collection of sports, classic or muscle cars. Once sold, all sales are final. Please know what you are buying. We are not NASCAR experts and not responsible for any small item left out of the description or serial number, equipment or other discrepancies. Remember it is as-is-where-is and to do your homework, study the photos and data, and know these cars before you buy

Quick Reply: ROAD TEST/REVIEWS: MONTE CARLO'S