General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Rear carpet wet on right side

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 08:01 PM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Rear carpet wet on right side

So lately my carpet will get wet for some random reason. Its not too bad but its been bugging me lately so i figured id post on here ans see if anyone can help me.

It only gets wet behind the passenger seat. The fronts are completely dry and the left side in the rear is completely dry. It hasn't rained hard here in like 2 weeks so I don't think I have a water leak. The only thing I can think of its coming from the A/C. I checked the plug like 2 weeks ago and there was nothing clogging it all. (Well at least I think I checked it. Couldn't tell which one was the drain plug, but I think I checked the right one).

Anyone know what causes this? And why would it only get wet in the rear passenger part?

Old 10-01-2013, 05:21 PM
5 Year Member

Anyone know anything about this?

Old 10-02-2013, 11:49 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

The back is a strange spot. Perhaps check window and sun roof seals...?

If you were to say the front, I woulda suggested this:
https://montecarloforum.com/forum/si...lem-fix-26663/

Old 10-02-2013, 12:14 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

I don't think there are any major fluid lines running around the back seats in our cars, with the exception of gas lines, but they are generally close to the frame and you would probably see it on the ground as opposed to on the carpet.

Did you check for a hole in the floor pan? if you hit a puddle of water it will throw up in to the hole and cause the water spot. This actually happened in my dads 87 monte when he had one

Does your car have a sunroof? the condensation from the morning dew may be leaking in causing the wet spot to appear or from the window seal like Jason mentioned in the above post

stupid as it is, but any chance you have a can of anything under the front seat?

Old 10-02-2013, 08:00 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by ohara
I don't think there are any major fluid lines running around the back seats in our cars, with the exception of gas lines, but they are generally close to the frame and you would probably see it on the ground as opposed to on the carpet.

Did you check for a hole in the floor pan? if you hit a puddle of water it will throw up in to the hole and cause the water spot. This actually happened in my dads 87 monte when he had one

Does your car have a sunroof? the condensation from the morning dew may be leaking in causing the wet spot to appear or from the window seal like Jason mentioned in the above post

stupid as it is, but any chance you have a can of anything under the front seat?
Yea the car does have a sunroof, so it could be that. Will have to check for a hole on the floor pan though. That could be a possibility.

And I dont think I have anything under the seat. Will check just to be sure

Old 10-02-2013, 08:03 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
The back is a strange spot. Perhaps check window and sun roof seals...?

If you were to say the front, I woulda suggested this:
https://montecarloforum.com/forum/si...lem-fix-26663/
Yea it is weird how its the back rear passenger side. I looked into what you suggested just to check anyway.

Ill check the window seals again to double check.

Thank you for the help