General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Peeling Out

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2005, 10:59 AM
Default RE: Peeling Out

Have you personally ever tried this maneuver? Is releasing the emergency break whilst pushing the gas even possible considering I have the break where you have to release it with your foot?
I have, once.... Once you set the emergency brake it's rather simple, right foot on the gas, left foot releases the emergency brake once the nice big cloud of smoke gets going...

Old 10-01-2005, 11:19 AM

one other thing that will help save the car some and not be so hard on it.
Get the pavement wet before you do this or at least go threw a puddel of a liquid of your choice makes it break the tires free easier so it is not as hard on the car.

Old 10-02-2005, 06:56 AM

well with a few other cars i was able to get a burnout with applying the brake as hard as i could and hitting the gas jus as hard, but i couldnt do it in my monte, i prolly ****ed up my tran but in the c10 i put it in neutral reved it up to around 3500 and then put it into drive, got a nice burnout but like i said i prolly ****ed up my tranny

Old 10-02-2005, 08:23 AM
CMC
10 Year Member

Also, you could remind yourself your in a FWD car. It's what I do most of the time. It should then become apparent that peeling out/burnouts just shouldn't be done with them. Don't get me wrong, all burnouts are cool, some are just much cooler. Think about it, which looks more badass? A FWD Monte smoking the front tires, or a RWD Monte smoking the rear tires? Far that matter any FWD compared to any RWD. I rather do big long smoking burnouts with my truck than the Monte, even though the Monte has much more power.

Old 10-02-2005, 08:24 PM

ORIGINAL: CMC

Also, you could remind yourself your in a FWD car. It's what I do most of the time. It should then become apparent that peeling out/burnouts just shouldn't be done with them. Don't get me wrong, all burnouts are cool, some are just much cooler. Think about it, which looks more badass? A FWD Monte smoking the front tires, or a RWD Monte smoking the rear tires? Far that matter any FWD compared to any RWD. I rather do big long smoking burnouts with my truck than the Monte, even though the Monte has much more power.
well, that's a matter of opinion. A sweet burnout is a sweet burnout, regardless of what wheels are spinning, IMO.

Old 10-05-2005, 12:41 AM

hey everybody. scooze if you are worried about breaking something then i would advise you not to do it. it is very easy to do and very tempting. the 4t60e 0r 4y65e transmission or any oe tranny is weak. the differential in them are not ment to take the abuse. they will do it and does it look cool but if your play you may pay.$$$. good luck.

Old 10-05-2005, 09:57 AM

ORIGINAL: 04MonteLS

well, that's a matter of opinion. A sweet burnout is a sweet burnout, regardless of what wheels are spinning, IMO.
I have to agree......... Although a RWD burnout looks much better a FWD burn looks pretty cool... Not worth a new trans but cool...

Old 10-05-2005, 12:15 PM

ORIGINAL: montejass

ORIGINAL: 04MonteLS

a FWD burn looks pretty cool... Not worth a new trans but cool...
ahaha, since you put it like that, agreed 100%