General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Peeling Out

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 10:33 AM
Default RE: Peeling Out

I've seen 135 so far and still had plenty of pull. I am not sure what it is capable of but I am guessing 145-150ish........

Old 09-28-2005, 10:42 AM

it will do the spedo with out thinking of it. And will pull hard to about 150.ish. then your rev limitor cuts you off as your to the red line on a stocker. I would think that CMC has a better chance of more with his mods on his. but i can tell you it will take you some time to get it there.

By the way i finally proved the GPS i had WRONG!!!!!

Looked at it the other day and it was reading 20 mph while i was sitting still. So that explains alot dont it?

Somthing to do with where we are here and the way the birds fly over us. the damed thing reads as if your moving.

so if you figure i was doing 183 it shoudl be more like 163.

but not even sure that is right any more now LOL
But i would say just seat of the pants it was pulling good enough to see it, just not real sure that is was the acurate etheir.

LOL

Old 09-28-2005, 10:44 AM

ahh, your pulling my leg, right? On a stock engine? I had thought they were governed at 120-130. Maybe I just need a good radar detector and lots of open road, lol.

Old 09-28-2005, 10:49 AM

they are governed at 115-120 MPH.

i dont have the govner on mine and also dont live in the states So i can do it legaly. here in Germany

but i have heard several diffrent folks say they could push thier past the gov. to about 120 mine when it hit it, it was about 115mph.If i remeber right but it has not been there for a long time.
I have the reprogramer also the mods i have done to the car were minor.
For the most part i have done ever free mod i could find to do to the car. Im cheap in alot of ways so i look for unning tricks etc. So i dont have to spend alot of money on mods.

Also i have Z rated tires under it. and my brakes were replaced after i got here and also the rotors are slotted .

other then that it is a Stock 03 SS with the 3800 v-6

Old 09-28-2005, 11:43 AM

Factory speed limiter is set to around 110-120 as Mickey noted. I have hypertech that moved that up to and over 200 MPH. (Like I'll ever see that) RPM's IS a limitation but I think you can ease the limiter off to around 7K I think...

Old 09-28-2005, 02:40 PM

you can but not recomended.
Mine is set back to 5500 RPM's so i dont blow the motor

Old 09-29-2005, 09:50 PM
CMC
10 Year Member

The ZZP transaxle rebuild was something like $3-4K. It can be gotten for cheaper, but I just happened to op for all the good hard parts for mine. You really don't need a performance transaxle rebuild if your just going to stay stock. Or if your going to stay under 300hp. If any thing a standard rebulid w/ a HD upgrade is enough to take 300 crank hp Also don't fall Into the Intense LSD BS. Only LSD that's worht getting is a Quife. But even those can go out, not likely, but has happened. Stick w/ ZZP or OEM as far as transaxle rebuilds go.

Old 09-29-2005, 11:05 PM

Wow, that is quite a bit for a trans. What kind of torque will your ZZP trans handle? I keep hearing negative things about Intense Racing, whats the news on the LSD unit? POS??

Old 09-30-2005, 07:56 PM

ORIGINAL: montejass

ORIGINAL: Scooze

ORIGINAL: montejass

Every time you "peel" out.. your transmission hates you a little more .

CV joints aren't fond of it either.
This quote pretty much sums it up.

But, to do it safely turn off T/C, set the emergency brake and slowly climb to an RPM to break the tires lose. Do not floor it.

Just keep in mind these trans are not going to handle much abuse of this nature...
Then wouldn't that be bad on my emergency brake?
LOL........ I'd rather replace an emergency brake than a trans... lol

No, it should not have much of an effect on the emergency brake. I forgot to add, when you break the wheels loose release the emergency brake. You want to prevent wheel hop/surge at all cost.

Have you personally ever tried this maneuver? Is releasing the emergency break whilst pushing the gas even possible considering I have the break where you have to release it with your foot?

Old 10-01-2005, 04:56 AM

yes it is possabel if you are careful you can do it with the other foot.

but like every thin it takes practice.

but if you really are dead set aginst doing it this way then buy a line lock and elimnate the issue and t will do it for you at the touch of a button

Quick Reply: Peeling Out