General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

New to the site, wanted to share......

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 09:05 PM
Default RE: New to the site, wanted to share......

Excellent, One note, you say 3.6L on your signature... Trust me, you don't want a 3.6L. Chevy didn't even engineer the engine and they're saying that they have some bad NVH problems. (Noise/Vibration/Harshness) I think the only GM with the 3.6, was a Pontiac that got like 250 HP? But I found out it has worse times than the 3.9 because the manual is apparantly hard to shift.

12's not bad at all, I'd like to see my 3.9 into the 12's with two stages of nitrous, and an Intake/exhaust. Turbos a bit extreme for a streetable. I mean if you can just go out and buy headers for a turbo setup, then great, but with my car It'd be custom everything, and I'd probably have to eliminate the variable intake setup... boost would probably ruin the valve that swtiches between the two runs.

Old 09-10-2007, 10:15 PM

Two stages of nitrous would work nice. We are planning on finding another Monte and putting a progressive N20 setup. Should get roughly the same power and run the same time hopefully.

*Thanks for the correction.*

Jesse

Old 09-11-2007, 04:48 PM

Yeah, on the street I only run 12 psi with 91 octane( highest pump fuel here). Any higher than that I get KR over 5 *. I still get 20 or so miles per gallon if I stay out of the turbo, (which is hard to do, can't help myself). But for cruising around town you don't even notice the turbo unless you want to. At the track I throw in a new tune, (retard timing a touch, take of all the torque management settings so I can get a good burnout, etc.) , throw on the slicks, take off the exhaust, turn up boost to 14-15 psi and let her go!..lol.. I go to the airport for 100 octane low-lead for the track. I was using leaded but was going through 02 sensors like crazy. The slicks was my best mod I think, before I could only boost about 4-5 psi off the line before I spun, now I can get a 10 psi launch. I havent ran since I found the sweet spot with my tune. I'm kinda excited to see what she does. Hopefully shave a tenth or two off. This winter I'm going for ARP head bolts and better head gaskets and a fuel upgrade before I run any higher boost. I definatley need a bigger fuel pump and 60# injectors. My 42# injectors are maxed, with 42's my injector pulse width is 24 milliseconds which is on the line of being static. A fuel pump rewire helped but thats just a bandaid until I upgrade..lol...Gotta go, Talk to you guys later! Jesse

Old 09-11-2007, 07:30 PM

3.6's are out there and i have seen one in my buddy's GMC acadia.. But its not that great. I heard about the NVH levels, and engine problems.