Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Vacuum the Monte Own a Share of Ford!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 04:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Vacuum the Monte Own a Share of Ford!

Well, Boys and Girls ... if you commute and have to chuck a couple of quarters into a Toll Booth Bin, on the way to work ... some of those quarters usually find their way to carpet between the Driver Seat and Console. Over time, there might be a couple-bucks worth of quarters down there ... you need the long, skinny vacuum-thing to get them.

Sometimes, you can pull the Seat Belt Anchor over to the left, some ... and, fish-out a few while the traffic nudges-up to the Booth.

Today, at around 11:30 this morning ... If you could reach down in there and come-out with 7-Quarters ... THAT would have been enough money to by you a Share in The Ford Motor Company.

Ford was trading, today ... for: $1.72 @ Share. It closed at a buck-seventy-eight.

Old 11-17-2008, 06:34 PM
rj
15 Year Member
Default RE: Vacuum the Monte Own a Share of Ford!

Only a preview of what's to come in my book.

Old 11-18-2008, 07:39 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Now if I could get a brand new Mustang for $1.78, that would be great.

Actually, you could potentially make a lot of money if you bought a hundred or two shares. Then hold on to them. When their stocks return to their previous levels, you could be in for a lot of money.

Old 11-18-2008, 09:02 AM

ORIGINAL: Taz

Now if I could get a brand new Mustang for $1.78, that would be great.

Actually, you could potentially make a lot of money if you bought a hundred or two shares. Then hold on to them. IF their stocks return to their previous levels, you could be in for a lot of money.
Sorry, had to keep it real, man! [8D]

Old 11-18-2008, 11:00 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Ford stock never goes that high anyway.. my dad keeps a close eye on the sort of thing. If I'm thinking of the right shar,e it very rarelly goes over about $7.00 a share anyway.. GM goes anywhere from $4-5 to $40-50.

Old 11-18-2008, 11:51 AM
rj
15 Year Member

It's just keeping the stocks till they're worth something again that's the clincher.

Most of us may be gone by that time?

Old 11-18-2008, 12:19 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

that time won't come RJ... Toyota and rest of the Japanesse autos are going to win out in the end unless Ford and GM do something drastic to get back competitive

Old 11-18-2008, 03:40 PM

If I am not mistaken Toyota is GM or in partnership.. Pontiac has Toyota drive train in some. The Cavalier was Toyota over in Japan even has a Toyota emblem on. So we don't live in a all American world and everything we have is not all American made so for the imports we drive them regardless of what we own. The clothes we buy is not American made. Who is the blame for all this everyone we bought and they took it and ran.

Old 11-18-2008, 03:42 PM

$1.68 today

Old 11-18-2008, 03:49 PM

ORIGINAL: 2 quick4u

If I am not mistaken Toyota is GM or in partnership.. Pontiac has Toyota drive train in some. The Cavalier was Toyota over in Japan even has a Toyota emblem on. So we don't live in a all American world and everything we have is not all American made so for the imports we drive them regardless of what we own. The clothes we buy is not American made. Who is the blame for all this everyone we bought and they took it and ran.
The Corolla and the Geo Metro were the same car as well. Besides, Japan has already declared a recession as auto sales and electronics are slowing.

Quick Reply: Vacuum the Monte Own a Share of Ford!