General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

in need of some help

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 05:36 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008
Default RE: in need of some help

Try these guys:

http://www.phoenixgraphix.com/gm/0003mcss.htm

Old 04-01-2008, 09:28 PM
5 Year Member

i hate to sound ungrateful for the help offered thus far, but i can't help but take a chuckle at the fact that if one looks at my signature they'll see i have the flags already, lol. thanks though for trying to help, also the phoenixgraphix is the retailer i mentioned in my first post that has a slightly different version of what i want that has those weird flags on the ends. I did get ahold of a guy whos gonna try to whip something up and i'll see how that goes...

Old 04-02-2008, 12:25 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: phoenixdude24

i hate to sound ungrateful for the help offered thus far, but i can't help but take a chuckle at the fact that if one looks at my signature they'll see i have the flags already, lol. thanks though for trying to help, also the phoenixgraphix is the retailer i mentioned in my first post that has a slightly different version of what i want that has those weird flags on the ends. I did get ahold of a guy whos gonna try to whip something up and i'll see how that goes...
I meant for you ask them if they have access or knowledge of the OTHER stickers you are lookin for.

Old 04-02-2008, 06:09 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Not sure if this is gonna help you or not, but here goes.

I found out that GM does have the decals you're talking about for the 2002 Brickyard 400.
They are listed as three separate decals. "Brickyard 400" decal, "Tasmanian devil" decal, and "Texas motor speedway" decal.

They are in the GM parts catalogue. They are in the 2002 Chevrolet/Geo Monte Carlo section. In the "door" catagory. Sub-catagory "Exterior trim". Sub-sub-catagory "decal".
In the online catalogue, each individual decal shows up as item not found. So it may be a special order item available only by ordering them through a dealership. I got the same "item not found" message when I looked up the DEI stripes for my car. But I know for a fact that I can special order them from a dealership, and they are available since I've already inquired about them.(thought I mighthave had to replace one of mine).

I would seriously go to a dealership parts counter and inquire aboutthe three decals you're looking for. They will probably come up as a special order item, and be expensive as hell. But if you really want the authentic thing, this may be the way to go.

By the way, to give you an idea of money...

The DEI stripes for my Dale Jr edition (black/silver stripes on the sides) are $500 per side. So you may be looking at re-financing a house or two to pay for the six decals you need (3 on each side).

Hope this helps you.