Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

7th Gen ('06-'07): Need some help with water leaking on passenger side of 7th Gen Monte. Please help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2015, 08:04 AM
Default Need some help with water leaking on passenger side of 7th Gen Monte. Please help!

Hello all.

Thanks to this forum I have been able to fix 2 out of 3 water leaks in my 06 monte ss. The first one was the seal around the cabin air filter(Fixed), second one was a long black plastic piece that sits below the windshield, where the wiper arms sit, the black push button screw popped out on the passenger side allowing buckets of water to flow in. (Fixed)

I need help with the last leak as I am not sure if it is the sunroof or not. Attached is a picture of where the final leak is coming in from. The weird thing about it is if I use a garden hose and soak the car for hours, no leak. But when I go to an automated car wash during the final rinse, water starts to pour in exactly where the red square is on the headliner. It use to leak all the way down the plastic trim that is there that runs along the passenger side interior, that trim piece basically points all the water to the passenger side floor. Once I took the trim piece out, I am able to see that its actually coming from the red square in attached picture. I checked the door seals, and that is not the issue. Are there drain tubes or something in the sunroof area? And if so, why would it leak out the side of the headliner? and not actually soak thru it? Any help would be appreciated.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
1.jpg (43.4 KB, 22 views)