General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Need To Save Some Bucks Fixing My Monte!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 06:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Need To Save Some Bucks Fixing My Monte!

I can't live without Air Conditioning in July and August.
Winter cost me an AC Condenser.

The Garage that does most of my work says almost 6-Bills to get a Condenser and re-charge the system after putting it in.

I'd like to score a decent used one.
Throw it in there myself or with my crew, ... then ... take it in for the Pro's to fill-'er-up with the Chill-stuff.

What say ye of The World of Monte's?
It doesn't look like a Big Job yanking-out the old one and slipping-in one that don't leak.

Rick

Old 04-25-2010, 07:04 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

Shouldnt be that big of a deal at all. I would pull the bumper cover if it looks like its in the way. Make sure the system is all the way drained before you tear into it. With the bumper cover off you should have full access to the condensor. There should be a few bolts and two lines going to it. There will either be a bolt holding the head of the line to the condensor or a nut on a stud. Once they are removed, separate the line from the condensor, being sure not to screw up the head or the area around the o-ring that seals it. You shouldnt have a problem with that though, I am usually not very gentle taking them off and have never had a problem. Replace the condensor and reattach the lines. Then just have it charged.