Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Need help fixing some issues (odometer/ac light is dim) and hazard switch

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 09:42 PM
Default Need help fixing some issues (odometer/ac light is dim) and hazard switch

Chevy Monte Carlo SS.

Hello all, I have a problem. My odometer all of the sudden is real dim, I can barely make the mileage out, best chance of getting a good read of the mileage when its pitch black outside. Any idea if this is a fuse gone bad? I looked in both fuse boxes and couldn't find something related?

Also, the drivers AC (warmth/cool control dial) is out. The passenger one is lit up, but the passenger one is out. Still couldn't find a fuse for that.

Has anyone had this happen to them?

I have had a blinker problem, fixed it all with a hazard switch replacement, thing is a week later the hazard switch took a dump and the probably came back? You think bad switch, should I buy another and install it? Could there be a bigger issue behind this that may cause the hazard switch to fail? The emergencies work all the time by the way.

Any help is grealty appreciated.

Old 09-15-2010, 10:34 PM

what year of your monte carlo?
and it might be your light sensor on your dash by the front windshield. you can check it by driving into your garage and see if your drl turn off and your dim lights turn on, if they do, put a light on the sensor and see if the drls turn back on and your dims turn off. if this happens it isnt your sensor. as for the hazzards and blinkers, you might have replaced it with another bad hazzard relay switch, im not possitive on that one though

Old 09-16-2010, 01:20 AM

Sorry its a 2000.

I ordered a new hazard switch, my guess is the one I replaced was probably bad too. I will install it this weekend.

I will try and see if I cant figure out the light brightness tomorrow after work. Thanks!

Old 10-05-2010, 03:34 AM

Got the hazard switch fixed.

And still haven't figured out how to fix the no light on air conditioner driver adjuster and odometer dimness.

Any other ideas? Are they just fuses?