Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

> Things you don't need ? > Save $ ? <

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 04:59 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Question > Things you don't need ? > Save $ ? <

Hi Member's, Times are difficult for many...A few things to consider below to save some $'s.

* Things you don't need ..Some have 2 give `up to get ?
Some don't already have ?
========================
"You can't always get what you want" 4-$ure

Click above link for music

How practical is it to ditch cable television? < ClickVideo: Plenty of low-cost entertainment options exist.

<LI class="ter media">5 things you don't need <~ Click (lets see: my wife/kids/bills, relatives etc) LoL<LI class="ter media">Should you ditch your land line? <* Member's please add your tips/suggestions ~> Thanks

Last edited by Space; 10-05-2012 at 06:09 AM.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:56 AM

Good topic, Space....I've always loved the Rolling Stones and was sidetracked for an hour on youtube listening to their old songs. How many other artists have had so many hits with instantly recognizable opening guitar riffs? Start Me Up, Honky Tonk Women, Brown Sugar, the list includes tons of songs that people recognize as the first notes blast out of the speakers.

What was the question again? Oh yeh - land lines. We got rid of ours two years ago when we realized: most of the calls were from politicians and insurance agents and other people we didn't really want to talk to. And everybody has a cell phone anyway, and use it more often than a house phone. We haven't missed the land line at all, and I especially don't miss paying that bill every month.

Old 10-06-2012, 11:12 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

I too love the Stones. I listen to them every night on the way into work. "Start me up" is my FAV. Angie's Right about how many artist do you know by the 1st note! The hits these guys have is un real! Their music & the words are not like everyone else. As far as land lines go. We don't have one any more either. Once we got cells phones. No one ever called our house phone anyways. My sister in Mi still has a rotary phone on her night stand Another thing we don't have a vcr or a cassette player. Except in some of my buddies old Chevy's they still have an 8 track player. Now thats cool ..