Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Keep Your Car and Save Some Money $'s ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 01:13 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Question Keep Your Car and Save Some Money $'s ?

Hi Member's, below is the newsletter I get from Valvoline, and I think there maybe some good information for some of our member's...

Check it `out...& I hope it helps someone.(It helps novice wanta `be mechanic's like me : )
Don't 4-get to `Share, cause U `care : )

Keep Your Car and Save Some Money $'s
Maintaining your current car instead of purchasing a new one is a smart road to take. With the average price of a new vehicle now more than $28,000, it pays to invest in your current car and save the rest. Hope this is a little help in
keeping your Monte Carlo 4-Ever : )

Check Your Engine's Vital Signs
Usually your engine tells you when something's wrong. Here's how to play doctor and find out what's bugging your car.Read More

Brake Noise: What's Normal?An annoying noise when you apply your brakes usually indicates that a repair is in order. However, in some cases, it may mean nothing at all. Find out what's normal and what's not. Read More

Easy Leather CareProtect your automotive hide with these great tips on how to keep your leather upholstery clean, protected and looking like new. Read More

I learned that a Happy Car will made it's owner Happy 2 : )
+ plus it has a `key to shut `off when U don't wanta `ride : )
Also This Month

Oil Change 101
The Mature Driver
Getting Windows Back on Track
High Mileage Lubricants
Lighten Up
Windshield Chip Repair

Last edited by Space; 08-06-2010 at 01:41 PM.
Old 08-07-2010, 07:53 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Power & Racing
  • Vintage Racing: Your First Race In the other Vintage Racing articles, we learned what vintage racing is all about, picked out the perfect car and surrounded ourselves with safety equipment. Here, we'll cover gettng our license and... Read More
  • Vintage Racing: Getting Started In the first two parts of this series, we saw how vintage racing has become one of the fastest growing forms of amateur motorsports. We also discussed the various types of vehicles involved in the... Read More
  • Vintage Racing: The Cars In our first installment we talked about the fast-growing sport of vintage racing, where cars from the past are taking to the tracks again at courses across the country. This time we are going to... Read More
  • Vintage Racing In many ways, today's racing is undoubtedly safer than in the past, but in other, less tangible ways it just doesn't seem as much fun. Fortunately, if you yearn for the "good ol' days" of motorsports... Read More
  • Top Speed Testing I used to believe top-speed testing would be automotive nirvana. But that was before I started driving for a major car magazine. Instead, pushing a car to its terminal velocity is like kissing a... Read More
  • Beginning Drifting Think drifting looks cool? Then you've got to do it from behind the wheel. Performed with precision, drifting makes you feel like a driving demigod. Passengers will disagree: They'll swear you're... Read More
  • Wanna Race? You can become a race driver. It's easy. It doesn't (have to) take a lot of money. Mechanical experience isn't required and on-the-job training will be provided. I started racing on a very moderate... Read More
  • NASCAR Mid-Race Adjustments What separates winners from losers in NASCAR? One answer: mid-race adjustments. During a NASCAR Cup Series race, it's not unusual for fast cars to slide to the back while others gain speed. The... Read More
  • NASCAR Pushes Loose Even longtime NASCAR fans are regularly confused by racing terms tossed around by drivers, crew chiefs, and TV reporters. Here's part of the problem: Those expressions must first be translated from... Read More

Old 08-07-2010, 08:58 AM

i have two daily drivers wich are my monte and my cugar xr7 both are great daily drivers. i didnt want to traid in my cugar because 1 it is paid off and still runs like it is new when my dad first got it back in 94. the truck and mustang that i have are a weekend venture vehicles as in the truck is a tow vehicle to the track for the mustang. but my dad likes to drive the silverado every other week. he likes how i lowered it 3 inches and how it sounds and performs as well. the truck gets now after lowering and better exaughst intake and synthetic all in the power train. it gets 26 mph out of the ls1 to me it is alot better now then before. before it got 15 mph before the mods so after what i did it runs better and gets better gas milege but i would like to put in the 2.89 gear ratio but it will deminish the tow capability. but the cougar gets 38 mph out of the 4v 4.6 v8. it has synthetic all the way around and runs greatbut it has 150kon a engine rebuild. befor the rebuild it was around 350-450k i dont really remember it still got great gas milege do to the well the engine was maintaned as infrequent fluid changes. the mustang i just wanted a toy but it runs great. the monte is my other daily i make sure the maintenence is riguruse like the cugar as well as my dads daily wich is a mazda 6.