General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

my summer project.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 08:31 PM

Did U ever find out how it ended up at the dealers? IK some dealer saround here are the same way went to test drive a truck last year, he had to jump it, pump up all 4 tires, and the gas light was on and the truck had been keyed sitting on his lot I was like uhh wth

Old 12-14-2011, 08:43 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

This is truly a tragic story and i'm sorry you couldn't make it a tribute show car. Hopefully someone doesn't buy it not knowing that it sat for 8 years. I had a truck that sat of and on for 5 years and I had nothing but problems with all the mechanics of it.

Old 12-14-2011, 11:19 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

well that is unfortunate, but atleast it didn't end up at the crusher... doesn't pa have some fairly strict regulations when it comes to inspection

Old 12-15-2011, 09:43 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

Originally Posted by BlackRainSS
Did U ever find out how it ended up at the dealers? IK some dealer saround here are the same way went to test drive a truck last year, he had to jump it, pump up all 4 tires, and the gas light was on and the truck had been keyed sitting on his lot I was like uhh wth
i asked, but i'm honestly not sure if the lady i talked to even knew where she was let alone anything about the car. and this is definitly the same kind of lot, allways been a dump, last time i saw someone take a test drive the car didin't even make it off the lot before the owner was pushing it back down the driveway, the car puked a big 'ol oil slick right at the end of the lot, lol.

Originally Posted by lougreen03
This is truly a tragic story and i'm sorry you couldn't make it a tribute show car. Hopefully someone doesn't buy it not knowing that it sat for 8 years. I had a truck that sat of and on for 5 years and I had nothing but problems with all the mechanics of it.
yeah, that's part of the reasion i wouldin't wanna spend alot of money on it, been sitting way too long. i've already gone through a bunch of little problems with my ranger that i'm sure went undetected because the truck was hardly ever driven.... but it was still driven more than that monte!

Originally Posted by Budsjlm
well that is unfortunate, but atleast it didn't end up at the crusher... doesn't pa have some fairly strict regulations when it comes to inspection
yeah, PA is fairly rough when it comes to anything automotive. having the car titled sucks, have to pay sales tax, even from a private seller, unless the seller fills out a form and comes to the DMV with you. inspection supposidly sucks, lol, but i've got people for that i'm damn thankfull we don't have to do emissions like alot of other county's do.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:22 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member

This is a pretty cool story, sucks that you didn't end up getting it, that's a high price for the condition that it was in

Originally Posted by Montecarloguy07
just thought i would let you know that the thing in the trunk you said that you dont know what it was is called a cap or frag capacitor. By the looks of it its a 1 frag cap i think. It stalls extra juice that gets sent to the amp and uses that to help power the amp which helps save the alt and battery life
I think you meant farad not frag, so it'd be a 1 farad cap, it doesn't really save the alt or battery, it just puts a strain on them by draining power since the capacitor can't keep up with how quickly the sub beats.

Also, just curious, I don't mean to disrespect anyone, but why is this a sticky? lol