General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

my summer project.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 01:27 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Red face my summer project.....

well, i have made mention of the 5th gen i have been after before, but these are the first pics i have of it, so i figure ill post them, along with a lil info on the cars PO, johnny sarer, and the sad events that lead up to the cars abbandonment at his parents house, where it has sat scince 2004....

i do not know much about johnny sarer, what i do know about him is what was printed in the newspapers, which focused on a controversy that rocked our small town, and never once mentioned anything of the good things johnny had done.... you see, johnny was the treasurer for the local volenteer fire co, and in 2003 /4, $60,000 dissapered from the fire co.'s assets.... while johnny, the tresurer was riding around in his coustomized MC. it was beleived that johnny embezzeled the money for his own gains, and all attention of the athoritys was focused on him... johnny lost pretty much everything he had, friends, assets, dignity.... johnny took his own life sometime in 2004. he left behind his wife & infant son.

much of the info on the web on this tragic event seems to be MIA, and i cannot find to much factuall info to go by for dates, ect.... only 1 pocono record article i found even mentions his name, link below:
http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbc...0306/-1/news16

the township froze all of the family assets, and the only thing that remains of johnny's is his time capsule 5th gen MC, which has sat in his parents backyard scince 2004.

the biggest hole in the embezzelment case is that supposidly the $60,000 was recantly FOUND in another account that no one checked..... of course, any info on this seems to be under lock and key, and the whole thing reeks of other persons covering their own behinds....

so, now that you all have an idea of what kind of legal hoops of fire imma have to jump through to obtain johnnys MC, i figure its about time to post some pics:

check out the milage:

alpine head unit & prof. installed sound system:

IDK what this is...

the cowl aerea supports life:

i have been talking with johnny's parents, they are a nice older couple who really have no one left to help them with basic chores, so i have been volenteering my spare time cleaning up their property a little bit, hauling stuff to the dump for them, just being friendly. johnny's mom, janet is a security gaurd up at my old middle school, so i know her pretty well, and she has been trieing to free the car from the legal cluches of the township, as it is a constant reminder of her son every time she steppes into her yard. she wants to give me the car when it is finally free of all its leans, as she knows that i will take care & pride in its owneship. i plan on basicly cleaning it up & turning it into a tribute show car in memory of johnny.....

Old 08-16-2009, 02:02 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

ryan, i'm speechless, i hope everything works out for all parties connected in this terrible situation! i'm sure you would be very greatful to own such a beautiful car and turn it in a tribute car for johnny!! thanks for letting us know your plans and thoughts! see ya

Old 08-16-2009, 02:07 PM

WoW `Ryan, that's a made 4 TV story 4-Sure.
Those are amaz'in pic's, and it looks like it was a mud runner
You should sell the movie rights & become a Millionaire : )
It's a great story...Where is Johnnie now ?
I would check every inch of the Monte for hidden $'s : )
Thanks 4 sharing/posting
&
Keep us updated on the next chapter
on the Fire Red Monte Carlo hidden in the woods : )
WoW

Old 08-16-2009, 02:15 PM

space, i was hoping you might be able to sticky this thred, i want to continue to update info on the car & share with the mcf family....

as for selling the rights to the story, that aint gonna happen, everyone involved in this whole deal has suffered & for me to use that for my own gains is unthinkable to me....
plus i figure my chances of getting the car are better if i dont raise a big stink over it, something tells me someone in the township wants this kept reeeeall quiet....

Old 08-16-2009, 02:16 PM

Sarer subsequently committed suicide. A criminal Investigation began due to both the embezzlement and suicide.

...WoW, he commitedd Suicide cause he was gona lose
his Monte Carlo
It's a made for TV Movie....WoW
Embezzles $'s to Mod his FireEngineRed Monte Carlo.
Now, that's Monte Love.
If I can't drive my Monte, I don't wanta live...

Ryan, sell the movie rights & become a Millionaire : )

It's a Sad Story, but it Real.
Thanks 4 sharing/posting.
Keep us updated on the next chapter of the Adventure's
in BuzzKill, Pa
__________________________________________________ ____-

Just read your above post, after I posted this one.
I understand, and I can understand keep'in it silent.
It happens alot where I live 4-Sure.
It is a great story, and I wish U the best.

Last edited by Space; 08-16-2009 at 02:20 PM.
Old 08-16-2009, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by KidSpace

...WoW, he commitedd Suicide cause he was gona lose
his Monte Carlo
It's a made for TV Movie....WoW
Embezzles $'s to Mod his FireEngineRed Monte Carlo.
Now, that's Monte Love.
If I can't drive my Monte, I don't wanta live...

Ryan, sell the movie rights & become a Millionaire : )

It's a Sad Story, but it Real.
Thanks 4 sharing/posting.
Keep us updated on the next chapter of the Adventure's
in BuzzKill, Pa
thats just it, though. no one knows exactly what his reason for suicide was, no note was found, and johnny was known for being optomistic in the toughist of situations, plus he had an infant son that ment the world to him.... and then, like i said above, the supposid missing funds magicly reappeared, but when the funds were found, it was kept REAL hush-hush.... there are alot of ends in this story that dont tie up...

Old 08-16-2009, 03:12 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Wow Ryan, definitely keep us updated.

Old 08-16-2009, 05:27 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

Thats such a messed up story, good luck man fixing up the car. Make him proud.

Old 08-16-2009, 08:28 PM

yup, thats pretty much the way i look at it, brock.

i really beleive that johnny would have been a member on the MCF, under his family his MC was his prized possesion... talking with janet, i learned that he had planed to get a set of wheels for it, plus he was talking about a possible swap to a " bigger engine, and maby a manuel trans" as janet put it. the car never saw a PA winter, he had an old white lumina for that!

ps. thanks, space for making this a sticky!

Old 08-17-2009, 11:12 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Holy crap. Good luck with that one.

Quick Reply: my summer project.....