General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

my summer project.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 12:40 AM

lol no prob man.....hope it all works out for ya

Old 09-15-2010, 10:33 PM

Hey what happened with this?
I remember you saying how the widow was just playing dumb games, and didn't have the intentions of letting you get the car... anything else happen with this Monte?

Old 11-20-2011, 09:58 PM

Hey guys saw this and was wondering whatever happened to the rest of this story?

Old 11-20-2011, 10:25 PM

Wow just saw the thread and I think that car has some real potential looks great needs a good bath but besides that she looks nice.

Old 12-14-2011, 04:01 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Update!!

been a long time scince i've had a reason to update this thread, but today was definitly enough reason.

lil backround info first.... it's been roughly 2 years scince i last talked to the widow, and about 9-10 months scince i've last talked to the parents (where the car was sitting). scince i pass the car almost every day, i kept an eye on it. about 3 months ago, i noticed someone threw an el-cheapo car cover over the monte. made a mental note to stop by and see what's up, but never got around to it. then, about a month ago i glanced back to where the car sat and it was GONE!! just a big, empty hole where it sat. i feared the worst, figured some scrappy-doo junkman got it and sent it to the crusher.... i was wrong..... sorta.....

fast forward about a month, today i'm driving home and almost wreck my truck after glancing into the local junk-"used car"-lot. noticed, sitting a few cars in, what i thought was a clone to my car... but there's only one other monte that looks like mine, and that's the car i cloned my car to look like.... johnny's MC. pulled a U turn, stopped in the lot and sure enough it's johnny's car....

....with $3,200 soaped on the window and whoever had their hands in it was not very kind. it's still filthy, looks like they took it through an auto car wash and whatever it didin't get they just left... subs are gone and most of the wiring looks like it was cut apart with an axe... the car still looks & smells like it was sitting for a long time. the lady in the office let me look it over, but didin't know a damn thing about the car, not even the year.

i'm pissed i never got the chance i wanted to buy the car, no way in hell i'll spend $3000 for it in it's currant condition, but i'm also happy it's getting a second chance to be someone's pride and joy instead of going straight to the crusher.

Old 12-14-2011, 04:46 PM

Last I remeber If I remember correctly didnt it have only like 60k original miles? for 3k I dont think thats too bad, depending on how it runs etc etc, theres 97 LS montes here for sale that have like 112k or 96k going for $4,500 to $5,200 its crazy.

Old 12-14-2011, 06:49 PM

honestly it's not a terrable price, for a car with 66,000 miles, best car on that lot for the money by far. but the car needs work from sitting for 8+ years, the dealer barely washed it let alone changed the oil, tires are new but dry rotted, brakes should be gone through, fuel system smells like it's more laquor jello than gas, and the coolant tank is damn near empty. whoever the hell removed the sterio did a number on the wireing, the interior was musty as hell, the passenger seatback was broken, and the faceplate for the sterio was MIA.

if i see it sitting there for a while i may stop back and try to super lowball them, but for now i honestly am content with my clone i've made

Old 12-14-2011, 07:08 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

I might have a Z Monte forsale come summer time......

Old 12-14-2011, 08:21 PM

already chris?? how come? hell, i might be interested in that one!

Old 12-14-2011, 08:31 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by skylark65
already chris?? how come? hell, i might be interested in that one!

Bills are adding up here and I really only wanted a winter beater. I don't really have much use for it in the summer?

Quick Reply: my summer project.....