Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Can't wait for summer, and possible tattoos

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 11:40 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Can't wait for summer, and possible tattoos

Now I'm sure I can't be the only one that dies a little inside everytime I hear about the weather down south and then look out my window, I mean this is what yesterday morning gave us...

I just want it to be warm.
Those were taken as I was leaving for Denver yesterday to hit up the Denver Art Museum. Just outside of Denver it was raining and about 50 degrees, that's a good 25-30 degrees warmer than Laramie.

Hopefully this summer I might be able to get the tattoos that I'm currently wanting to get, these are from a project in my Typography class, we had to do them by hand, but I used the computer to give them a more refined look as I want them to be crisp.

They are a G and a B, both a different font, simple arrayed about a center point so that at first they look like a pattern.

Old 04-04-2008, 03:31 PM
Default RE: Can't wait for summer, and possible tattooso

[align=center]Hi Garrett, [/align][align=center]Bummer [X(] `bout the bad weather, but I'm sure that it will improve.[/align][align=center]I really like the art pic your posted, the design is unique 4-Sure. I don't have any tatto's, but sure have thought about `it.[/align][align=center]Below is a pic of the Pier @ Sabastian Inlet, I share with you and member's.[/align][align=center]The pic/weather is in constant change/like `life.[/align][align=center]We are the lightening capital of the World, plus bad topical storms[/align][align=center]and Hurricane season is just around the corner.[/align][align=center]There's a price to pay for living in paradise : ) [/align][align=center]Take a break & EnJoy[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
[IMG]local://upfiles/714/44A70C6C09C143DCA0B02FBBE0F60B79.gif[/IMG] [/align]

Old 04-04-2008, 04:42 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Garrett, your pics are a painful reminder of what we've seen around here too many times this year. Including just last week. But it's warmed up to the 40's and 50's this week, and we now are just getting rain.

As for your tattoo idea, I think those designs would be great asa company logos. Typography designs wouldn't be my first choice for tattoo's, but if it's what you want, it's your skin/your choice. People get many different things tattood on their body that make some people ask "why?", but a tattoo is a choice of personal taste and for personal reasons.

"I want to get a life size tattoo of myself all over my body." -- Steven Wright (comedian)

Old 04-04-2008, 06:11 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

Looks like a "G" and a "B" right?

Does your last time start with a "B?"

Old 04-04-2008, 10:09 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Garrett... do yourself a favor, don't get any tattoo....

I wish I could find the stats for you. Most people who get tattoo's love them for the first couple of years. The average age to get a tattoo is like 22 or something? By 30 years of age about half of people with a tattoo regret it, by 40 about 70%, and by 50 something like 85% i think (I'm just trying to remember the figrues, don't take me to the bank on this)

But I do remember this much... a tattoo, for most people, is a decision they regret later in life. Don't do it buddy... for you own future. Think about when you're in your 70's and your skins is droopy and wrinkly... what the hell is that going to look like then?

Think about it Garrett....

Old 04-04-2008, 10:11 PM

5 Year Member

O yeah... $1200 a square inch to get them removed... my brother looked into it (Yosemite Sam on his left arm... his name is Sam). $1200 per square inch to get it removed, it will leave a small marking where ti was (a small scar really), and it hurts like a **** coming off.

Old 04-04-2008, 10:38 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

ORIGINAL: SolaraSlayer

Looks like a "G" and a "B" right?

Does your last time start with a "B?"
Yeah it does. A few of my classmates thought the G was an R, I didn't even see it as an R until it was brought up in class and then I decided that it could totally be a Guns 'N Roses symbol.

ORIGINAL : Cowboy6622

I wish I could find the stats for you. Most people who get tattoo's love them for the first couple of years. The average age to get a tattoo is like 22 or something? By 30 years of age about half of people with a tattoo regret it, by 40 about 70%, and by 50 something like 85% i think (I'm just trying to remember the figrues, don't take me to the bank on this)

But I do remember this much... a tattoo, for most people, is a decision they regret later in life. Don't do it buddy... for you own future. Think about when you're in your 70's and your skins is droopy and wrinkly... what the hell is that going to look like then?

That's something I've though about and that's part of the reason I would rather have it be on my shoulder blades than shoulders. That way if for some unforeseen reason I dislike them in the future it won't matter too badly as I'll never really see them.

I do really appreciate those numbers though, and I'll try and keep myself out of those stats. Out of everyone I know with a tattoo none of the regret it and most plan on getting more, but then again most got something that meant something to them.

As for if I'll really go through with them, that will depend on how much it would cost to have them done right. I plan on hitting up several local shops for estimates and then I hope to get a day or two off to hit up Sturgis this year and I can go see some of those amazing tattoo artists that show up.

Old 04-05-2008, 09:19 AM

5 Year Member

Well if it's going to be where no one can see it, then it's a "why have it" thing... plus you'll still see it when you're older... so will your wife, your doctor..... maybe a couple others

So you're going to pay all that money for something no one could ever see... for something you may very well regret.

I just can't see paying someone to put a permanent scar on my body.

Old 04-05-2008, 10:03 AM

My grandfather has Popeye on his upper arm from when he was in the Navy just after WWII, and Popeye has sagging arms just like my grandpa...keep that in mind...LOL. You know when Popeye loses his "muscles" and his arms droop down...yeah...g-pa's arms and his tat's arms really do that...lol.

Old 04-06-2008, 05:55 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I knew someone who got a tattoo of his favorite band in the 80's. Only to have to get it removed shortly after 9/11. The band? Anthrax.