General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Much better look for 1/3 the price

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 08:28 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008
Default RE: Much better look for 1/3 the price

ORIGINAL: 07MonteSS

are you sure you did not mean Lexus...cause the Monte's do not look likethe camry
The headlights on the '06-'07 Monte look just like the headlights on the '07
Camry. Just my humble opnion.

Old 07-21-2007, 08:42 PM

Wow! Lots of opinons here...on both sides.
I might as well throw my opinion in too. I am a Chevy guy. I have a Silverado, a 68 Camaro and an 84 Monte Carlo. I will onlyown General Motors vehicles. (See, I am not totally closed-minded!)

Toyota and the other foreign-owned companies have assembly plants in America. Many parts and made overseas and shipped here for assembly. They do this in order to say their cars are built in America. They also do this to avoid import taxes. They do not do it to benefit the American people, they do it to save money. American employment is a benefit they do not care about. The profits still go overseas.
My inlaws drive Toyotas and that is their choice. If that is what they choose, that is fine. As long as they respect my choice to have them park in the street when they visit. I do not allow Toyotas or any other foreign-owned vehicles in my driveway.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. That is what makes America great.

Old 07-21-2007, 10:00 PM

My inlaws drive Toyotas and that is their choice. If that is what they choose, that is fine. As long as they respect my choice to have them park in the street when they visit. I do not allow Toyotas or any other foreign-owned vehicles in my driveway.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. That is what makes America great.
LOL! That's funny!

Old 07-21-2007, 10:44 PM

I worked a few summers in Allison, Ontario and Ive also had the oppertunity to tour our beloved Monte birthplace in Oshawa. And ill let you make some deductions.

I drive a chevrolet for a good reason. The stories I can tell about the Honda Plant would really make you cringe.. The oshawa plant was much different..

Old 07-23-2007, 06:21 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hate to be a partypooper but no import is "Made" in the U.S.

They may get assembled here but they are not "Made" here.

I put up with a lot ofbull from my father for years about what a pices of s--- Chevies are. And my older Chevies ARE American made down to the last nut n bolt. Chevy did a lot of good stuff through the years before they decided to stick their heads in the sand. To me the newer Montes are a link to the past. They represent what Chevy used to be. When styling was a priority instead of something they shared with every other car maker like you see so much of today.

Every time I see a Monte in my rear view mirror, the first thing I can't help thinking is Camry.

Every time I see one, I try to find my camera so I can take a picture of it. [sm=exactly.gif][sm=Flahssssss.gif]