General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Much better look for 1/3 the price

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 01:12 PM
Default RE: Much better look for 1/3 the price

And almost 2 to 1 Hondas are made in America as well as Toyotas which benefit american families. Just saying you should keep an open mind.....a bit.

Old 07-20-2007, 01:17 PM

Well, I thought I would drop my .02 cents in on this topic.

First as was pointed out the Monte is made by a American company, and second it is bulit by CAWU Members. I beleive in supporting American companys and Union workers.

Second, When I went to buy a car a few months ago, There were very few cars on the market today that really trip my trigger. The Monte Carlo was at the top of that very short list that I could afford. I dont find the sytling of any of the Imports attractive to me. American made cars have really brought the quality back up to the standards of the imports for the most part.
Like I said most cars of today just dont trip my trigger, just like my last car (dodge Stratus) they arejust cars. The Monte on the other hand has that little something that just speaks to me, makes me proud to call it mine, I really enjoy going out in the front yard and giving it a good wash and cleaning up inside and out.
I am not downing you guys for wanting a import, just saying they are not for me.

Mike.

Old 07-20-2007, 01:20 PM

And as I said before most Hondas, Toyotas, Hyundais, etc are made right here in the USA. Even Mercedes has a plant in Alabama that benefits american families.

Old 07-20-2007, 04:00 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: SolaraSlayer

Yes, I agree. My Monte drives as nice as my brother's GS.

But his GS is now 10 years old.
Let me try again, I've owned GM's all my life, but I'll take a new Lexus in exchange for my Monte any day. Sorry peeps.

Old 07-20-2007, 04:02 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: Mrrench

First off Cain
I know that the monte is not made in the states.... never said it was.....
HOW EVER ITS MADE BY AN AMERICAN COMPANY.......

I HAVE BEEN AROUND AUTO'S ALL MY LIFE......
I DONT NEED SOME SMART AZZ TELLING ME THAT HE HATES
IT WHEN PEOPLE THINK AMERICAN CARS ARE MADE IN AMERICA

HERE IS MY SMART AZZ...
CAIN LAST TIME I LOOKED AT THE MAP..... CANADA IS PART OF NORTH AMERICA.....
So we should get rid of our borders?

Old 07-20-2007, 04:49 PM

ORIGINAL: cain45

I have to say no, I mean it's a Lexus afterall.

Well people can say what they want....but if you think the Monte is all american made think again. Take a look at your serpentine belt and tell me who makes it. IMHO the Lexus isn't even in the same class as the Monte. And on that note the Lexus I'd take 100x over my LTZ.

And the Lexus is faster than a Monte as well whizz, why do you think I was looking for a Lexus IS a few months back? Quality is better, reliability is better, and they're faster.

I personally would take the Lexus over a Chevy anyday!
Onequestion comes to mind...why the hell did you buy one? Another question...where in this thread did anyone say a Monte was American made? Yes, it was implied that Toyotas and Hondas were made overseas but I'm sure whoever said that was just joking, you obviously didn't get it.We all know that alot ofso called "imports"are built here, and that Monte Carlo's are assembled in Canada. Why don't you stop talking down on everyone like you know it all? Yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but you seem to think we need yours shoved down our throat.

As to the original poster, yes I agree, The Monte looks way sweeter!!!

Old 07-20-2007, 05:31 PM

Shmedley... Thank you!

Remember guys, *****-free zone... lets keep the ****-fighting to the henyard.

Cain... I gotta ask, if you don't appreciate the fact that most of the money you spent on that Monte goes to American, (be it US-Americans Or Canadian-Americans) Union workers, and you would trade it for a lux 'import' any day, then why exactly are you here? Isn't this website all about Monte Carlo enthusiasts?

I'm not saying I don't appreciate the fact that you are here, and are contributing to the forum. I'm just saying that you don't seem to appreciate the fact that a lot of us are die-hard Domestic fans, and Chevrolet enthusiasts, and being here, you run a higher risk of running into someindividuals (like myself) they may not appreciate "rice-burning imports" as much as yourself.
Is it just me, or doesrunning into these individuals seem to cause you un-needed stress?

Maybe 'imports' isn't the right term to use, since they mayhave 'final assembly' in theUSA. We're still going to call them imports because the(majority of the) PROFIT is EXPORTED.

(does anyone want me to be more Politically Correct?)
if so, I apologize, I hate politicians more than imports

Old 07-20-2007, 05:59 PM

Well I'm here because I own a Monte and have owned several. I was only saying that many cars are no longer just foreign or domestic....they are all a mix. I like mine but I would take a Lexus like Solaraslayer said as well over my Monte anyday.

Old 07-20-2007, 07:32 PM

I really can't tell apart any "import" car from another. Lexus, Toyotas, Hondasjust dont even catch my atention at all. I wouldnt even look twice at one and I doubt anyone ever does.
Does anyone here actually take a second look at an import??

I just honestly can't see anything attractive about an import. I do like the Mitsu 3000Gt but I think it was a little ahead of its time. It broke the mold of the generic import style cars.

Old 07-20-2007, 09:08 PM

Uh-oh! This is not good! This certainly is not what I intended. Please don't diss each other and throw names around. And I apologize to each member for this thread.

Bye

Quick Reply: Much better look for 1/3 the price