General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Much better look for 1/3 the price

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 09:41 PM
Default RE: Much better look for 1/3 the price

No need to apologize as everyone is entitled to their OPINION. Not dissing anyone, or I'm certainly not. I cannot however speak for others.

Old 07-21-2007, 02:05 PM

Personally if i had lexus money....I wouldnt buy a lexus.....if i had 70k i would develope some crazy power adders for my monte..... maybe a better trans system that will hold more power.... like 4.... or 500 horse....

I'd like everyone to chime in... how crazy would that be if your daily driver could safely and readily run in the 9.60's.....

A smooth ride that rips when told to....

It doesnt get much better then that!

Old 07-21-2007, 04:19 PM

If I had 70 grand I would get a lotus and or something much nicer than a lexus........

Old 07-21-2007, 08:03 PM

What we seem to have here is group of very passionate people. I love to see when people stand up for their beliefs and opinions in the face of opposition. Must be the debate team captain in me.

For myself, I love Chevrolet...always have. They have come leaps and bounds in the past few years ("domestics all together, that is...except FORD, still crap[8D]. jokes, jokes), and just seem to keep getting better.However, as much as I am Chevy enthusiast, I am even more a car enthusiast and appreciate autos of all types. While I respect a 4 or 6cylinder engine that can make 300 to 800+ horses and still be street legal, I still say that nothing beats a chevy small block V8. Nothing sounds like it, nothing smells like it. But, I LOVE Chevys.

I think we need to not take for granted that just because someone doesn't say something in their post, that doesn't mean that they don't know it. I think most of know that Montes, like many other GM vehicles, are assembled in Canada, and that many imports are assembled in the US. The bottom line is, however, these cars are still referred to as "imports" and "domestics." The semantics are irrelevant. Just don't forget that we are all friends here!!

Old 07-21-2007, 08:14 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: cain45

Well I'm here because I own a Monte and have owned several. I was only saying that many cars are no longer just foreign or domestic....they are all a mix. I like mine but I would take a Lexus like Solaraslayer said as well over my Monte anyday.
Every time I see a Monte in my rear view mirror, the first thing I can't help thinking is Camry.

The lesson being, once again, for the 10th time on this forum, Americans design almsot ALL of the affordable cars sold to Americans.

Old 07-21-2007, 08:15 PM

Let me add....'06-'07 Montes I see in my rear view mirror!!!!

Old 07-21-2007, 08:18 PM

ORIGINAL: FlynhghR

if so, I apologize, I hate politicians more than imports

NO!!! Unions are to blame.

Just like Democrats, unions were formed to protect the innocent, now they exist to protect themselves and collect dues. Just my $100.

Old 07-21-2007, 08:23 PM

ORIGINAL: Monte Mom

Uh-oh! This is not good! This certainly is not what I intended. Please don't diss each other and throw names around. And I apologize to each member for this thread.

Bye
We'll all get over it!!!

Old 07-21-2007, 08:25 PM

ORIGINAL: SolaraSlayer

ORIGINAL: FlynhghR

if so, I apologize, I hate politicians more than imports

NO!!! Unions are to blame.

Just like Democrats, unions were formed to protect the innocent, now they exist to protect themselves and collect dues. Just my $100.
No, I will even take that one step further, both parties were started to protect children......

Old 07-21-2007, 08:25 PM

are you sure you did not mean Lexus...cause the Monte's do not look likethe camry

Quick Reply: Much better look for 1/3 the price