General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Meguiar's Complete Car Kit - Seems like a good deal at $52?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2018, 10:28 AM
Default Meguiar's Complete Car Kit - Seems like a good deal at $52?

I'm looking to pick up a detailing kit for my car and saw this Meguiar's kit on sale - It's called the Meguiar's Complete Car kit, and it seems to have everything I'd need to clean up my dirty car. Is this a good deal at $52? Or can you suggest something better?

Thanks for helping. New to the forum here and looking for some good advice.

Old 12-16-2018, 12:57 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Not sure what is in that kit, but Meguiar's is a pretty good brand and has some nice car care products. I find Meguiar's to be much better than Armoral products. To determine if it is a deal, find out what each item in the kit costs by itself.

Everyone that is big into car detailing will have their own personal favorite products. That being said, you can end up with quite a variety of opinions. For example, I like using:
- Meguiar's interior cleaning wipes (and Armoral interior cleaning wipes are fine too)
- Meguiar's interior treatment spray for interior plastic and door/trunk seals
- Adam's Polishes Tire Shine (and I use cheap Eagle One applicator pads) to give my ties the wet look. Previously, I used Meguiar's Hot Shine (not the foaming type) for years.
- Blue Coral carpet and upholstery cleaner
- Turtle Wax's ZIP Wash Car Wash
- Turtle Wax's Bug and Tar remover
- Malco's Flash Wax
- Microfiber towels for wax application and removal
- Mother's Back-to-Black to rejuvenate exterior black plastic and rubber items
- Adam's Polishes Quick Detailer (I find this light years better than the Meguiar's version)
- Simple green concentrated to clean my wheels during a wash (if they are extra dirty and I need something a level up, Eagle One makes Chrome/Mag wheel cleaner that I have used on any wheels and it works great).
- a Dollar Store nylon bristle brush for cleaning the wheels (I believe it's a "pot" brush).

I'm certain I have missed things in that list. But that is a bulk of what I use. Some people get a brand loyalty, such as Adam's Polishes makes something for EVERYTHING to detail your car. And some vendors, like Adam's, will offer sampler packs. Adam's is a vendor that I've only seen offered direct from their web site, other online stores and Summit Racing (I've never seen them at the auto parts stores).
And that Malaco Flash wax, I have only seen it at a local auto paint supply store and online. But it's good stuff, super easy to work with. I completely cleaned out a Dawn dish soap container (about 4-5 inches tall) and put this in there so I am not working with a half gallon bottle. You can squirt this stuff direct on painted surfaces.

Happy shopping