Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

CAR SHOW DETAILERS

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 12:03 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2009
Default CAR SHOW DETAILERS

I HAVE ALOT OF GOOD PRODUCTS TO CONSIDER FOR DETAILING YOUR CAR FOR YOURSELF OR A CAR SHOW.

WINOWS I USE RAIN X WINDOW CLEANER, WORKS PERFECT

MOTHERS PLASTIC POLISH, GREAT FOR HEADLIGHTS AND TAIL LIGHTS AND PLASTICS.

MEGUIARS EXTREME TIRE SHINE TO SPRAY THE TIRES, LONG LASTING SHINE
OR MEGUIARS TIRE GEL, JUST PUT IT ON AND THE SHINE WILL LAST FOR WEEKS.

ARMORAL FOR ALL INTERIOR DASH AND DOORS, STEERING WHEEL.

MEGUIARS SPRAY AND SHINE, USE AFTER YOU WASH YOUR CAR TO GIVE IT THAT GREAT SHINE AND IF YOU MISSED ANY SPOTS THIS WILL GET THEM WELL.

OR USE TURTLE WAX SPRAY AND SHINE DETAILER WORKS JUST AS GREAT AS THE MEGUIARS.

EAGLE ONE ALL WHEEL CLEANER OR MEQUIARS ALL WHEEL CLEANER, WORKS GREAT FOR BLACK WHEELS AND CHROME WHEEL OR COMBINATION OF BOTH.

ALWAYS USE MICROFIBER SOFT CLOTHES AND A DIFFERENT ONE FOR EACH CLEANER. THE MICROFIBER DOESN'T HURT YOUR CAR OR LEAVE ANY STREAKS.

This is my method to a Show Look.

Try these products and this list if you do post how your car turnes out after this and post your results or comments here.

Old 03-15-2008, 01:16 AM
Default RE: CAR SHOW DETAILERS

I haven't had very good luck with Rain-X. Every time I try to use it on the inside of my windows it always streaks up really bad and my windows fog up even easier. I just stick with good old Windex.

I use Armoral for my interior except for the seats. Armoral is designed to evaporate quickly, which dries out your leather seats after awhile, so I like to use Eagle One Nano-Protectant for the seats.

I always use Eagle One Nano-Wax when I wax my car; it's really good stuff.

Old 04-02-2008, 08:47 PM

This comes in most helpful... My Monte's first car show is May 17th and I would love to walk away with a win, being it is a "Southeastern Virginia Mustang club" all make and model show...

So a couple of questions....

Does the spray wax leave any kind of film?
What type of rim cleaner works best for American Racing rims?
I have to drive my car to the show, what can I do to clean the car from the road?
What types of things should I take with me to clean up the car when I get there?

Old 04-02-2008, 08:49 PM

Sorry forgot... This is what I am going to show...

[IMG]local://upfiles/3863/B8E9A87A37EC4A5CB2732E4FD694FD05.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-02-2008, 09:24 PM

i use

mothers back to black, on all the plastic trim i.e. around the doors and windows, where the wiper arms bolt in, the trim piece on the trunk ect..

i use the rainx that u pour into your wiper fluid

turtle wax paste was and polishing compound, and i use a buffer for the polishing part, its a 7k rpm random orbital buffer

mothers claybar

for quick detail i use turtle wax liquid ice

armor all tire gel w/the curved applicator (i use this becasue it doesnt throw black across your car when u drive away)

tire bleach to clean the tires

california water blade instead of shammys

california car duster for the dust that settles after driving to the show

my wheels are just painted i guess so i just use soap and water on them and scrub em with a light brush and a microfiber cloth

turtle wax chrome paste for tips, grill, and that stuipd piece on the hood

flitz for the headlights

armor all for the dash and interior leather and trim

detailers brush for the nooks and crannys

febreze auto for the good smell

i have a 12v vacuum for detail at the show and a craftsman 10gal wet/dry vac for before i go

oddly enough i use the walmart 97cent carwash, but i use a diff bucket for the wheels and tires, bottom part of car, middle of car, and top of car

advance auto brand degreaser, toothbrush, and long brush for engine bay

i make sure to keep a fresh coat of engine paint on my muffs

take wheels off and clean all brake dust and scrub my painted calipers

i used "rubberized undercoating" behind the wheels on the fenderwells to make it a complete blackout except for the color of the calipers, struts and springs

and i think thats my routine for cleaning my car for a car show, if i forgot anything i apoligise and ill come back to fill in

Old 04-02-2008, 09:26 PM

ORIGINAL: got2speed

Sorry forgot... This is what I am going to show...

[IMG]local://upfiles/3863/B8E9A87A37EC4A5CB2732E4FD694FD05.jpg[/IMG]
btw thats a badass 5th gen bro, i am so glad to see another one around

Old 04-02-2008, 10:21 PM

ORIGINAL: got2speed

This comes in most helpful... My Monte's first car show is May 17th and I would love to walk away with a win, being it is a "Southeastern Virginia Mustang club" all make and model show...

So a couple of questions....

Does the spray wax leave any kind of film?
What type of rim cleaner works best for American Racing rims?
I have to drive my car to the show, what can I do to clean the car from the road?
What types of things should I take with me to clean up the car when I get there?

One very important thing is to put tire shine on when you get to the show not at your house because most of the tire shine productsstill have some sling from the tires even if they say they dont and there is no point in washing you car and then getting you car dirty with tire sling on the way to a car show.

i use the turtle wax ice spray detailer and it works great to make the car shine a little more once you get to the show.

Also like scc24540 said get one of the california dusters they are amazing.

Old 04-03-2008, 02:49 AM

Don't use armour all. I use to, but it cracks your dash. I'm sure tons of people will tell you the same thing too on here. Just use a microfiber towel thats wet and you should be good to go.

Meguairs claybar/three step wax with the last step being nxt tec wax. Stoner invisible glass for my windows inside. Rainx on the outside.

Old 04-08-2008, 01:43 AM

Here's what products work best for me.

Windows - Damp microfiber to clean them, dry microfiber to dry them and buff to a shine.

Lenses - S100 carnuba wax buffed off with a microfiber

Tires - Optimum tire shine

Interior dash and trim - Chemical Guys Silk shine

Interior leather - Chemical Guys leather conditioner

Quick detailer - Duragloss Aquawax

Wheels - by the time you get to the show they should be polished, sealed and waxed so all you should need is a microfiber wipedown.

Old 04-08-2008, 03:26 PM

What do you guys use to dry your cars? It seems like no matter what type of towel I use it leaves fuzzys all over my car lol.

Quick Reply: CAR SHOW DETAILERS