General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

8 hours of labor and a few $20 bills later...

Old 05-28-2010, 06:02 PM
Default 8 hours of labor and a few $20 bills later...

This is a mix of photos from my camera and my phone, neither of them take very good quality pictures, nor do they do it any justice. The 8 hours consisted of:

Wash with Meguiar's Gold Class Shampoo/Conditioner
Clay Bar (Meguiar's Kit)
Meguiar's Ultimate Compound
Meguiar's Show Car Glaze #7
Meguiar's Gold Class Carnauba Paste Wax
Meguiar's All-Wheel Cleaner
Meguiar's Hot-Shine Tire Cleaner

Yes, I am a Meguiar's fanboy

Old 05-28-2010, 06:20 PM

Looking good man.
Great job, "ultimate compound" that's for the deep scratches right if so, how well did it work?

Old 05-28-2010, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Jomao_o
Looking good man.
Great job, "ultimate compound" that's for the deep scratches right if so, how well did it work?
If he could post up some direct sunlight shots you could see

Old 05-28-2010, 07:44 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Looks good! I find cloudy days better for photoing. Less shadows, especially with a black car.

My only real beef with Meguiars products is the packaging. Everything I bought in a spray bottle had the sprayer break before I could finish the product and the cap on the leather wipes breaks or won't stay shut.

Old 05-28-2010, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Jomao_o
Looking good man.
Nothing's necessarily for "deep scratches", as there's not really any simple way to get rid of those, but I had a lot of scratches on the back bumper by the bottom of the trunk lid because the previous owners allowed their dogs to jump all over the car, and it took the majority of them completely out and made the rest of them almost completely unnoticeable unless you're looking for them.

Looks good! I find cloudy days better for photoing. Less shadows, especially with a black car.

My only real beef with Meguiars products is the packaging. Everything I bought in a spray bottle had the sprayer break before I could finish the product and the cap on the leather wipes breaks or won't stay shut.
Agreed. Too much sunlight really ruins a picture. I like taking pictures at sundown when you can get the reflection of the sun setting in the picture. I could go take some right now, but I'm far too beat from doing this all day to go back out . And Meguiar's products are pretty much what I swear by with my car. I have an entire shelf downstairs on the wall filled with nothing but Meguiar's products. Interior, exterior, and everything in between is detailed with Meguiar's.

Old 05-28-2010, 08:28 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

You did one helluva job! Very nice!

Old 05-28-2010, 08:45 PM

Beautiful job! I'm a big Meguiar's fan myself, have some Klasse All-in-One and Glaze and find myself reaching for the Gold Class when I don't want to take all the time with the whole Klasse process. Once again, AWESOME job!

Old 05-28-2010, 09:07 PM

wow looks good, love the roads you got there!

Old 05-28-2010, 10:25 PM

I've gotten fed up with the swirls and light scratches on my car. I started tonight doing pretty much the same routine as you with an extra step of polish. I'll finish up tomorrow. I'm excited now that hopefully my car will look as good as that. That thing is beautiful!!!

Old 05-28-2010, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by 04MonteLS
If he could post up some direct sunlight shots you could see

great job.

thats the funny thing about hand waxing outdoors on a black car. lol
when you get done, the sun is going down and it looks amazing. you cant really tell untill the next day, in the sun.

id like to try that "ultimate compound" cause i just used the swirl x stuff and its only a temporary fix. it looks as if you are doings something amazing as you working, but a week later it gets washed off and looks like crap again. im going to a pro. i know i already have a couple hundred bucks worth invested in clean products.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 8 hours of labor and a few $20 bills later...