General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

May Be Selling The Black Rose

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 08:39 AM
Monte Of The Month -- December 2010
Monte Of The Month -- November 2014
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

So anyway.....................back to the thread topic.........has anyone had success buying/selling their Monte on this forum? I would think someone here would appreciate it more?

Old 02-15-2011, 10:08 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

I know Nocturnx sold his Monte (had it listed here and on other sources as well).

My wife and I just sold her '94 Grand Am (with 177K miles on it) using Craigslist and driving around with signs in it (it was a person who found it on Craigslist who ultimately bought it, and he was the first guy to look at it too after I had had a few calls about it). Other then the signs we made in the car, I had ZERO dollars wrapped up in the attempt to sell the Grand Am.

If/when, you decide you really wanna pull the trigger and sell the Monte, I would first try the following:
- List is on MCF (and hopefully a fellow member will nab it)
- Post on your FaceBook
- Post on Craigslist
If you are in MORE of a hurry, then you could pay to list in something like:
- Autotrader
- Classified add in local news papers

You could even consider a gamble on using eBay, but I DON'T recommend that. Example, I found my Monte on eBay. I'll try and make it a short story. Guy was 4 hours away from me. I made him an offer on the phone out of auction "if the car is as good as you state, here's what I'll spend on it, cashier's check to you". He opted to let the auction play out. He had a reserve price (and given my conversation with him, I think I can guess at his reserve and I still got the car under that price). His auction ended at $6600, way less then what I offered and less then he wanted. He took my offer (which given the Monte's I had looked at, and all my pricing research, i got a heck of a deal in the end, little more then I wanted to spend, but a little better of a car then I was after).
Bottom line, eBay is a gamble (and you can rpotect yourself from having to sell if it does not reach a desired price). But I think too many people are hesitant to buy a high dollar car from eBay and the economey also being a bit rough doesn't help.

But, that guy posting the car on eBay did help him get the car noticed in a larger market that resulted in my out of auction purchase.... So perhaps my view is wrong...

Old 02-15-2011, 10:24 AM

I guess what I was trying to ask and maybe worded wrong was has anyone had luck listing their Monte for sale here on the forum, and selling it thru the forum to a member, or buying one thru the forum. I thought maybe selling it to a forum member, they would know all the work put into the car and the mods, etc. Has anyone bought theirs from a forum member?

Old 02-15-2011, 11:08 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I honestly haven't seen Montes get sold on this forum. A lot of the members just don't have the cash to buy a car and not only that, but if you aren't a member for 5 days and active you can't see the classifieds, so even people just "browsing" the forum for a car can't see one.

But if you do sell the car locally, make sure you let them know about us and if they have any problems we can help them and back you up for how well you took care of your car.

Old 02-15-2011, 11:36 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

I believe a few sites are free, right?

Vehix, cars, autotrader?

Old 04-29-2011, 09:37 AM

FOR SALEif right buyer/price comes along...
I will still use it and drive it and work on it and mod it till maybe hopefully the right offer comes around or I get into a better financial situation. Who knows.

Old 04-29-2011, 07:05 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Why would you spend money on mods if you are going to sell the car? And if you are in financial trouble why are you spending your money on mods?

Old 04-29-2011, 07:12 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

Good question Amy. Exactly what I was thinking.

Old 04-29-2011, 07:36 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member

x3 on the above question also......

Old 04-29-2011, 07:41 PM

Good luck on the sale.

I would also stop modding since you'll never make back what you invest when modding.
All the parts and labor.
Plus, it could be a deal breaker for someone looking to buy, they'll assume the car has been modded and beat to death.
I would much rather buy a stock over modded used vehicle.

Quick Reply: May Be Selling The Black Rose