General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

May Be Selling The Black Rose

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 12:08 PM

Good luck with everything.
I am in the same boat, up to my neck in debt, a ****ty job.
I KNOW, selling the car would give me breathing room, but its hard to part with it, i am also being patient to see what's ahead, i have my eyes set on a career I want, but it will take some time to get ready, i'm HOPING by the fall.

Good luck Lisa!!!

Old 02-13-2011, 03:26 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Lisa,
I think you caught not just people on this forum off guard but others around you when mentioning this transition to lighten your load.
When you can afford things you want, there is nothing wrong with enjoying them. There is also nothing wrong with trying to "lighten" your load when you feel a calling to something else. Bottom line, follow that which makes you feel happy. All that matters is that hopefully you find this new direction you are heading in to be full filling and I wish you lots of luck!! By what little you've shared, it sounds like you have a generous goal in mind and a big heart to reach it.

On a related note, if you are seriously selling the Monte, I would recommend you make a brief right up about it and an ask price, through it out there on this forum, FaceBook and Craigslist.

No matter if you end up keeping the Monte or successfully selling it, you have to stick around on this forum! :-)

Old 02-14-2011, 08:35 AM
Monte Of The Month -- December 2010
Monte Of The Month -- November 2014

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
Lisa,
I think you caught not just people on this forum off guard but others around you when mentioning this transition to lighten your load.
When you can afford things you want, there is nothing wrong with enjoying them. There is also nothing wrong with trying to "lighten" your load when you feel a calling to something else. Bottom line, follow that which makes you feel happy. All that matters is that hopefully you find this new direction you are heading in to be full filling and I wish you lots of luck!! By what little you've shared, it sounds like you have a generous goal in mind and a big heart to reach it.
Thank you for the support, it means alot to me.... I will try to get out there to see you this Spring with The Black Rose. I will also try to get to some shows/meets too to meet others if I can before anything happens.

If or when it goes for sale you will see a for sale post here. My boyfriend's brother wanted it so bad but he just got a car with payments a month ago. He fell in love with it when he took it for a drive last year when he visited from Ohio. He called the night I posted about it and was racking his brain that whole day on how he could come up with the money but can't because of the car he just got. I would have liked it to have gone to him, then I could have visited it and known it would be in good hands. Thank you to everyone who wishes me well. I wish there was a way I could keep it and somehow use it to raise money and awareness for the animals.

Old 02-14-2011, 10:08 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

If you have a specific charity you want to help with, perhaps get a custom vinyl window sticker on the rear and side windows that points people to your cause.

And it's just me trying to point a way to justify keeping the Black Rose, as I think you'd get more people noticing a tasteful window sticker on a car that grabs their attention more.

You have a lot of friends in the various outreaches (thanks to the Internet), I'm sure as you figure out more of what you want to do and how you want to do it, we can help in some manner.

I just had another thought.... If you have not heard of www.Vistaprint.com, they offer free business cards (you pay the cost of shipping). They have some limitations (and the backs of the cards state where you had them made), but they are VERY nice. If you send stuff out or think it might be handy, get some made to reflect what you're doing, have them on hand or include them with things you ship out. Keep some in the car. As you take the Black Rose to car shows, have them available for people to pick up (see, I'm still conspiring a way to help you work the Balck Rose into your current plans/goals).

Seriously, just some thoughts off the top of my head.

Old 02-14-2011, 10:11 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

I really hope everything works out for you. Whether that be with or without your Monte.

Good luck!

Old 02-14-2011, 03:22 PM
Monte Of The Month -- December 2010
Monte Of The Month -- November 2014

Thank you. Jason, thank you for the ideas. I need all the help I can get..

Old 02-14-2011, 05:32 PM

know how you feel... my family has nicknamed my monte my first wife, because i spend more money on it than my wife

Old 02-14-2011, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by 99inprogress
know how you feel... my family has nicknamed my monte my first wife, because i spend more money on it than my wife
Pics!!

Old 02-15-2011, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by Jomao_o
Pics!!
in the next couple of weeks i will.. i want to get my 3400 top end swap done and painted... gotta have somethin for people to look at

Old 02-15-2011, 08:28 AM

Look forward to it.

Quick Reply: May Be Selling The Black Rose