General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

looking for some help explaining this

Old 01-08-2007, 04:30 AM
Photobucket
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default looking for some help explaining this

hey all some of ya know im moving to TX shortly .
they ahve the emmissions testing there.and according to thier web site that i have found they do it threw a OBDII setup. so that it reads the information fromyour computer.

this is all well and good but i have a question about those of us that have reprogramed Computers in our cars . is this goign to effect the results of the test?

but it dose kind of tell you with the 02 sim. tha tit will give a good readding to teh puter so it shoudl not cause a red flag to go up due to it feeding a signal of a good readding on the rear 02 sen.

So i guess im looking for more info on this other then what i cna find in the web site for TX. dot.
it pretty much says it wont harm your car and that it is better thent he sniffer testing. I would have to agree with this for the most part. but not if it will be changed due to us modding our cars some.

Old 01-08-2007, 03:32 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: looking for some help explaining this

Italk with a few guys from TX that I could ask.

But at the time Chevy Talk is upgrading the system and I can't log on. [sm=boosign.gif]

If I can get ahold of one or two Texnas I'll ask for ya.

Old 01-08-2007, 04:49 PM
Photobucket
15 Year Member

ok thanks!

Old 01-11-2007, 11:01 PM

Hey Mickey! Here in Illinois the do the OBD-II testing for the newer vehicles also. Basically they look to see if any codes are being thrown and if you have programmed certain functions to not operate (like EGR...). The O2 simulator (resistor) should be returning a valid (good) voltage back to the ECU or else you would be throwing a code. The computer really doesn't care that the voltage never changes, just that it is receiving an acceptable voltage. You "should" pass the test with flying colors as far as that goes.
Hopefully RJ will be able to provide further support for this after he gets in touch with the Chevy guys.

What else have you done to reprogram your ECU?

Old 01-12-2007, 08:59 AM
Photobucket
15 Year Member

just the reprograming so far but would lik to do the down pipe also.

Old 01-12-2007, 06:25 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

This is about the best answer I got. Sorry if it doesn't help ya.

Hey RJ
As long as it still has all the emission control devices on it that it came from the factory with and it will pass the emission test, you should be OK. Don't remove the cat converter or on some of the older vehicles the air pump. They have two ways of doing the emission test. On newer cars they just plug their computer into the test plug. Older cars without a plug get put on a machine with the probe up your tailpipe. Either way, as long as it doesn't put out more of the bad stuff than allowed, and it passes the visual inspection, they should give you a sticker. Oh yea, they test the gas cap too

Old 01-12-2007, 08:11 PM
Photobucket
15 Year Member

yeah see i belive that the down pipe dose remove the cat I knwo it dose with the "U" bend.
i will have to so soem checkin for the cat I guess i could get a high flow put in to it.
As of this moment in time it is stock whne it comes to the emmisions. and i can program it back to bone stock so the only thing they might notice is it will shift a bit harder then a pure factory stock car.