General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Local junkyard find

  #1  
Old 03-25-2019, 06:21 PM
N/A02NBMCSS's Avatar
Thread Starter
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: TN
Posts: 59
Default Local junkyard find

Hi you all! This was too cool not to share I scored a couple of weeks ago at my local pick and pull I found an 03 pace car in superior blue and I got some goodies for my own Monte I got the trunklid with the stand up spoiler and pace car badge and I got the instrument cluster to dress up my owns interior



 
  #2  
Old 03-25-2019, 09:53 PM
The_Maniac's Avatar

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
iTrader: (2)
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Mentor, Ohio
Posts: 10,955
Default

Nice finds. Are you going to get the trunk lid and spoiler painted to match the blue of your Monte?

Also, if you want to keep your original cluster, you can just swap over the speedo overlay (this would keep your mileage correct).
 
  #3  
Old 03-25-2019, 11:19 PM
N/A02NBMCSS's Avatar
Thread Starter
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: TN
Posts: 59
Default

Originally Posted by The_Maniac View Post
Nice finds. Are you going to get the trunk lid and spoiler painted to match the blue of your Monte?

Also, if you want to keep your original cluster, you can just swap over the speedo overlay (this would keep your mileage correct).
yes that is the plan to get the trunk lid painted to match and thank you for the advice I will make sure to do that I plan to go back soon and maybe get the leather shift **** out of it too well see!
 
  #4  
Old 03-25-2019, 11:42 PM
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 23
Default

Very nice! I noticed your car and your front door match, too.
 
  #5  
Old 03-26-2019, 12:41 AM
N/A02NBMCSS's Avatar
Thread Starter
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: TN
Posts: 59
Default

Originally Posted by OutlawJosie View Post
Very nice! I noticed your car and your front door match, too.
haha I didnít even think about that indeed they do lol
 
  #6  
Old 03-26-2019, 08:15 PM
The_Maniac's Avatar

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
iTrader: (2)
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Mentor, Ohio
Posts: 10,955
Default

If the wheel and shift **** are in good shape, great add-ons. I have a pace car wheel in my Monte

If not, you can get a black leather shift **** from a Bonneville or Grand Am (careful with those, Pontiac has black and a REALLY dark gray, black is a match for our cars). I have a Pontiac shift **** in my Monte.
 
  #7  
Old 03-27-2019, 07:22 PM
N/A02NBMCSS's Avatar
Thread Starter
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: TN
Posts: 59
Default

Originally Posted by The_Maniac View Post
If the wheel and shift **** are in good shape, great add-ons. I have a pace car wheel in my Monte

If not, you can get a black leather shift **** from a Bonneville or Grand Am (careful with those, Pontiac has black and a REALLY dark gray, black is a match for our cars). I have a Pontiac shift **** in my Monte.
the steering wheel is sadly destroyed but the shift **** is in great shape so I will be going back very soon
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.