General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.
View Poll Results: Are you keeping your Monte Carlo 4-Ever ?
Yes, 4-Sure - I will never sell or trade my Monte
63.64%
No, I will sell/trade in the future
13.64%
I don't know, I may have to ? : (
18.18%
It all depends on my budget $ No $'s = No Monte : (
4.55%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Keep Your Monte Carlo 4-Ever : )

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 12:29 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

mine will probably stay, wont be worth anything by the time i can sell it, but parts may be swapped for better parts =]

Old 02-01-2011, 12:31 PM

i know im keeping the 86 ss, but im planning on geting an 06 gto. im in love with those cars so i might get rid of my 04 intimidator

Old 02-01-2011, 01:34 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

I'll NEVER sell my monte! Ever never. I've had people come up to me at car shows asking if I'd sell the monte & when I say no never, they say good lol keep that thing forever...I plan on it =) I'll live in it before I gotta get rid of her && when I get married, I'm having my husband signing a form thing saying that if we get a divorce he can't take the monte away from me...ohhh yeah I already got it all planned out lol

Old 02-01-2011, 02:26 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2011

I know many people who say they will never get rid of there cars, and before you know it they have them in the for sale section...

I have no doubt I will be keeping my monte for life....I may add more cars, but never get rid of my monte...if times get tough I would part with the GTO before the Monte.

Joe

Old 02-01-2011, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Montess2k
I know many people who say they will never get rid of there cars, and before you know it they have them in the for sale section...
Unfortunately, I've been guilty of this in the past.

Old 02-01-2011, 02:40 PM

I can't say right now. My Monte is my first car, and I want to keep it for a very very long time. The only problem is, we also plan on keeping our Camaro forever considering we special ordered it and it's just awesome. The main issue is, we have no room to keep any more cars. We have a '74 Firebird in the garage that my dad is thinking about selling in the near future, and then the Camaro would take its spot in the garage. Anyway, getting to the point, the 2 main factors of keeping this car are space to store it and $$.

Old 02-01-2011, 02:48 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

that is why I picked 'No, I will sell/trade in the future " I was looking for a car when I found this one who's not to say that in 2015 there is not a new Monte that I want more than this one and if I cant keep them both I will have to make that tough decision . And lord knows that gas will be 8$ a gallon and the 2015 Monte will be electric

Old 02-01-2011, 03:08 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

My '84 Z28, seocnd car I have ever owned sits in restoration mode in the garage. I will NEVER part with that car!
The Monte was bought to replace my old '94 Grand Am in '08. Currently, because of the miles I put on a car, i decided to keep my Grand Am (thinking I would not get anything worth while for it) and use it as a "winter" beater. Since '08, my Monte gets to be parked (outside), under cover during the winter. Each spring, feels like I got a new car.
I would love to continue this trend and never drive my Monte in the snow, but I have to work that out with my wife (she's not keen on the idea of storing the Monte and the Camaro during the winters, and if I have to choose, the Monte looses).
Here's to hoping that '94 Grand Am (with over 200K miles on it) keeps running as good and strong as she does! May it carry me through many more winters!!

Old 02-01-2011, 06:07 PM

I will never sell my 76, I have never even thought of it. Many cars have come & gone and even been put first but the Monte stays. It has been in storage for a very long time and will most likely stay there untill my 57 Chevy is finished but its next on my list.

Old 02-02-2011, 01:30 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2016
10 Year Member

Practical old fart here.

As long as I have the need I will keep it and repair stuff that breaks. I come from that group that say they were just looking for a car and stumbled upon the Monte. Ten years ago I needed a suv. Today I need safe, comfortable and economical. I do tend to avoid mainstream cars though and like the attention that sometimes comes with having a MC.

If needs change I'd have to go with the changes.

Some cars in my past I wish I had again - 280Z, Ranchero, even the TR3.

Quick Reply: Keep Your Monte Carlo 4-Ever : )