General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

It's Official.... ZZP Visit Monday, the 25th

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 03:02 PM
Default RE: It's Official.... ZZP Visit Monday, the 25th

ORIGINAL: ExplosiveSoundz

Sometime this spring. I just got a lead on a Stage 3 Gen V Intercooler setup minus the radiator for $800 with the GM pump.
NO!!!

the Stage 3 intercoolers are cracking like crazy, which is why all of Club gp will tell you to get the S2.. it isn't worth the extra cost to have the lower plate crack because it's NOT aluminum!

I think the clearance is going to be really close, might even have to cut away the freeking hood insulation, but it'll be worth it.. WELL worth it...

and I think I am 99% sure the XP is going in while I'm up there as well... may as well go all out, and be DONE with it =)
I've scene that but I thought they had a fix for it. I'll read up on it some more. I might just go Short Stack and be done.

Finally, if you've got the cash you might as well get it done.

Old 02-24-2008, 03:06 PM

Thanks... Where are you living nowadays?

Old 02-25-2008, 09:17 AM

Well, as I sit here at the Holiday Inn Express about 3 miles from ZZP, I am satisfied that I will have a mid 12 second car, pushing around 330-340 WHP. Tim said they had a GTP in there earlier this week with the same setup, and they ran 333 WHP...

that is going to be the most INCREDIBLE ride home I've had in a while =)

Old 02-25-2008, 02:05 PM

I'm back in Fond du Lac for awhile. I'm thinking about going to Indiana this week yet, not sure.

Need to get new heads on the car, that would have completed the engine and this would have been a great time to do it.

Old 02-25-2008, 02:17 PM

woah, why do you need new heads?!

Old 02-25-2008, 04:28 PM

Doah!!! That was worded poorly. I'm thinking about going to Indiana to visit the girlfriend.

For the heads, I was referring that you should get new heads while you are at it... Stage 2 or 3 just to complete the build.

Old 02-25-2008, 06:15 PM

Naw, no desire. Putting ported heads and an XPZ cam takes your car from getting low 20's per gallon to mid teens per gallon on economy. That's not my goal. IF, and ONLY IF I decide to go heads and XPZ, It'd be once I get a second spare car for daily driving, and keep this monte for my drag car and summer cruiser =)

Old 02-25-2008, 09:54 PM

Wow. Didn't know the gas would drop that bad. Guess I won't be doing that in the future.

Old 02-25-2008, 10:15 PM

Well, don't quote me on that. but from what I have read, they have 20% more flow on the heads, as well as the cam that has larger lifts and longer durations.. that means significant fuel economy drops...

Old 02-25-2008, 10:47 PM

No quoting, just general referance.

It does make me need to consider some plans though. I'm not too thrilled about getting an intercooler anymore as I've just heard numerous problems with all stylesnot sealing properly or leaking. Throw in that you need fuel rails to that cost, injectors, that dumb TB turn down adapter and some reqwire kits....

I think I might just end up droping to a 3.25 and finish my modding career as far as the engine goes.

Quick Reply: It's Official.... ZZP Visit Monday, the 25th