General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

It's Official.... ZZP Visit Monday, the 25th

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 07:02 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: It's Official.... ZZP Visit Monday, the 25th

EDIT: Just called them, and they SWEAR up and down that the primer is also rated at 500.... =( Lemme know what you think is the best move from here!

I would put a top coating on it.

Not exactly the same but I put some of their 1200 degree white paint on a set of headers. We all know headers do not get to 1200 degrees. It's still on there 2 years later but it could be in better shape if you want my $0.02 worth.

If you lightly apply some silver, the body will still retain the look you want and protect the metal better.

I'm not trying to make more work for you. I'm trying to save you some.

Old 02-23-2008, 07:50 PM

Well it's too late, lol. Now I must wait 7 days until I can paint it again... so maybe I'll have to tape the **** out of my engine bay, and just paint it while it's ON my car... =(

Old 02-23-2008, 11:31 PM

cant wait to hear the results of this
should be pretty wicked

Old 02-24-2008, 05:55 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Let us know how the full I/C fits, cuz I'm thinking it won't fit under your hood. I HOPE it does, but I'd bet against it.

Old 02-24-2008, 11:15 AM

Well, I also have a feeling it will be close, but I have a few things to help my chances...

1) I got the cradle spacers to drop the cradle 5/16"

2) Got fuel rails that way there is nothing over top of the blower to add to clearance issues.

3) Have inlet turndown adaptor to allow N* to clear...

I seem to think it'll be close, but make it.

Old 02-24-2008, 11:40 AM

[align=center]Hi Keegan,[/align][align=center]Since you are a Major Motor Head : ),[/align][align=center]I thought you would enjoy this article/pic's below.[/align][align=center]Detroit 2008: Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 - supercharged LS9 cutaway display[/align][align=center](To me it's a work of Motor `Art : )[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]WoW, she's beautiful : )[/align][align=center]Click on below link for more[/align][align=center]http://www.autoblog.com/2008/01/15/d...taway-display/[/align]

Old 02-24-2008, 01:14 PM

ORIGINAL: ExplosiveSoundz

I was thinking about painting a bowtie on the snout itself... but we'll see... for now, it looks better than stock, and It'll resist corrosion.... that's all that matters =)

When are you throwing yours on Dan?
Sometime this spring. I just got a lead on a Stage 3 Gen V Intercooler setup minus the radiator for $800 with the GM pump.

I want to hold off to see what happens with your setup.I don't want to get the damn turndown adapter for the N* or the half the other junk needed. I might just go with a Short Stack.

Old 02-24-2008, 01:58 PM

Sometime this spring. I just got a lead on a Stage 3 Gen V Intercooler setup minus the radiator for $800 with the GM pump.
NO!!!

the Stage 3 intercoolers are cracking like crazy, which is why all of Club gp will tell you to get the S2.. it isn't worth the extra cost to have the lower plate crack because it's NOT aluminum!

I think the clearance is going to be really close, might even have to cut away the freeking hood insulation, but it'll be worth it.. WELL worth it...

and I think I am 99% sure the XP is going in while I'm up there as well... may as well go all out, and be DONE with it =)

Old 02-24-2008, 02:54 PM

Okay, so, Final shot of my engine before I get it revamped:

And final shot of everything that I'm taking with me to ZZP:

I'm leaving this evening at 11 pm to get there by 6 am... they want me there around 8... and I have a hotel lined up for two nights up there...

Wish me luck! I'll have internet at the hotel, so I'll update you when I get there!

-Keegan

Old 02-24-2008, 03:01 PM

Good Luck man, You've got my number in case of problems.

Quick Reply: It's Official.... ZZP Visit Monday, the 25th