General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

It's Official.... ZZP Visit Monday, the 25th

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 05:43 PM
Default RE: It's Official.... ZZP Visit Monday, the 25th

Haha, no seriously, I plan on being low 12's with a cam, and being DONE. That is enough to smoke 95% of the cars out there.. the other 5% will either have more money than me, or be turbo, two things I don't care about. =)

Old 02-22-2008, 09:06 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Keagan, Are you getting the aluminum valve covers, also?
https://www.zzperformance.com/grand_...&catid=101

Old 02-22-2008, 10:39 PM

I seriously thought about it Wayne, but to be honest, I think that I'd get a wizaired before I got the valve covers.. besides.. I like the solid all black ones that they have there for like, 80 bucks.. and I'd only do the front, as the back won't get noticed....

Old 02-22-2008, 11:01 PM

Oh, and while I'm at it, I may as well post the pic of my painted supercharger... I wanted something unique looking... stepdad liked it.. mom thought it was ugly.. but all that matters is how I like it.. and I love it... Painted the case primer grey to make it look brand new.. painted the snout black... to give it a little bit of offset..

=)

Old 02-23-2008, 01:10 AM
rj
15 Year Member

It looks freakin sweet.

If I may? The primer won't hold up to the underhood temps.

A top coat would be better. There are several shades of silver out there and you could find one close enough to give it that New look and not look like you painted it bright silver cause "You couldn't afford chrome" cheezy look.

Old 02-23-2008, 07:06 AM

Those bastards...

The guys at AutoZone told me that because everything is rated at 500degrees, even the primer will hold up to the temps from the blower....

The directions say after the first hour of application, to not apply anymore for another 7 days... and I'm taking it up there for them to install on Monday... .Think I could get away with putting another light coat of silver on there? Or should I wait?

Thanks! =)

EDIT: Just called them, and they SWEAR up and down that the primer is also rated at 500.... =( Lemme know what you think is the best move from here!

Old 02-23-2008, 08:08 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

Dunno on the paint, your decision, and anything is better than stock. I've seen the black ones, also, and kinda agree on the rear valve cover, BUT with the polished aluminum ones, once someone SEES the front one, they will be LOOKING for the rear one, and if it's not there, will be dissapointed. Also, the aluminum covers are $210/pair, and the smooth filled plastic units are $100 EACH! for the $10. I'll take the polished aluminum ones. I'd like to see a little more polish on them, tho. A good polish job with just Semichrome polish would do WONDERS to them. Something you could do yourself in 30 min.
I'd like a chrome alternator, also. 160-200 amps.
If you go for the all black, they also have some with the "ZZPerformance" decal under the clearcoat. Try talking them into putting "Intimidator SS" or "ExplosiveSoundz" on instead.
Are you putting on the short stack IC?

Old 02-23-2008, 10:07 AM

Well I didn't want to paint the whole thing black, as that would look goofy... and hard to keep clean... you and I both know how hard black is to keep clean...

And no sir, getting the full out S2 intercooler.. =)

Old 02-23-2008, 11:01 AM

Nice color for the Supercharger, I've never scene that before. I'm thinking of doing mine Black with a Red Chevy Bowtie on the front... May even reverse the color.

Old 02-23-2008, 12:53 PM

I was thinking about painting a bowtie on the snout itself... but we'll see... for now, it looks better than stock, and It'll resist corrosion.... that's all that matters =)

When are you throwing yours on Dan?

Quick Reply: It's Official.... ZZP Visit Monday, the 25th