General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

IMPOSSIBLE Headlight Problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 05:20 PM

I am having the same issue with my 2004 monte carlo. I replaced the dimmer switch 3 months ago. My headlights quit working again & it always seems to happen when it rains a lot. I am thinking it may be a bad wire connection. My mechanic is trying to figure it out & we have got a new relay switcg to try as well but having issues getting to the relay area.

Old 01-08-2013, 07:38 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation

You have to pull the fuse box that is on the driver side dash towards you while pushing down on the tab on top of it. The relay is on the opposite side of the box. you probably will only be able to just slide it out enough to get to the relay. It is the same type relay as the a/c relay in fuse box under the hood if you want to swap to test.

Old 01-08-2013, 07:45 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Relay? pull the fuse box on driver side, its on the opposite side of box, what an afterthough.

Old 01-08-2013, 10:34 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Froman
You have to pull the fuse box that is on the driver side dash towards you while pushing down on the tab on top of it. The relay is on the opposite side of the box. you probably will only be able to just slide it out enough to get to the relay. It is the same type relay as the a/c relay in fuse box under the hood if you want to swap to test.
Originally Posted by Froman
Relay? pull the fuse box on driver side, its on the opposite side of box, what an afterthough.
Really?

Old 01-22-2013, 07:12 AM
Red face Headlight problem

A while back my main headlights weren't coming on every time I drove at night. However my parking lights worked and so did my tail lights. I replaced my switch and thought it was a fuse but neither fixed my problem on my 2004 Monte Carlo. Finally, my brother in laws mechanic was messing with it to find out the wires under the steering column, if moved, would get my headlights to come on. After dusting of the wires and jumping them from one spot to the next so they were no longer hanging fixed my headlight problem. To see these wired you have to turn yourself upside down and look up and behind the steering wheel area. Hope this helps![/FONT]

Old 01-22-2013, 06:13 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Leah Maurine
A while back my main headlights weren't coming on every time I drove at night. However my parking lights worked and so did my tail lights. I replaced my switch and thought it was a fuse but neither fixed my problem on my 2004 Monte Carlo. Finally, my brother in laws mechanic was messing with it to find out the wires under the steering column, if moved, would get my headlights to come on. After dusting of the wires and jumping them from one spot to the next so they were no longer hanging fixed my headlight problem. To see these wired you have to turn yourself upside down and look up and behind the steering wheel area. Hope this helps![/FONT]

Thanks for the tip!