General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

I Could Use Some Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 10:22 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Calgen says their products are pure virgin vinyl. (fancy words for: NEW)

This bra was more exspensive then the LeBra counterpart. So I hope it's a good product????????????

whats everyones inputs on the bras? i was gonna do that or a bug deflector to protect the paint but i dont wanna drill in the hood, and the bra i heard can scratch the clearcoat and paint
I normally only talk of buying one. Never have till now. Debbie & I both like the looks of a quality product like a front end bra on a Monte Carlo.

I know if left on the dirt, grime that collects under them can damage paint. I've heard people talk of the car's finish was ground down to bare metal due to the bra being left on too long and no cleaning done underneith. Not good.

I fugure if we take care of the car (like I normally do) unless something unforseen takes place the bra should last a long time and give the looks, and protection we're expecting it to give us.

Old 01-23-2010, 08:23 PM

I'd try to put it in the dryer on medium heat for a bit. I did that with some vinyl that we used to cover the package tray on the bird. It had wrinkes in it, the dryer took them out and it was much easier to wrap around the form when it was a bit warm.

Old 01-23-2010, 10:41 PM
Monte Of The Month - April 2010 & Sep

rj, have you bought the bra yet? reason i ask, cause i had heared that some will not work with the hsap. i don't know about the one that you mentioned, but just somthing you may want to check

Old 01-24-2010, 12:02 AM
rj
15 Year Member

Yeah it's been purchased.

According the Autoanything web site........... they ask about sub models, stuff like: driving lights, front license plate, and SS model.

I figured that pretty much covered the Pace car so I bought the bra.

Old 01-24-2010, 12:31 PM

I would try the hair dryer or heat gun. maybe a space heater for a few minutes. it definitly needs to stretch to fit right. I think the high sport pkg. might give you a problem maybe not. I ALWAYS take my bug bra off when I wash the car. that way there is no dirt and grit to mess up the paint. I have a lebra brand and it is a very good product. no flapping fits snug all around.

Old 01-24-2010, 04:46 PM
rj
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by jeff2425
I would try the hair dryer or heat gun. maybe a space heater for a few minutes. it definitly needs to stretch to fit right. I think the high sport pkg. might give you a problem maybe not. I ALWAYS take my bug bra off when I wash the car. that way there is no dirt and grit to mess up the paint. I have a lebra brand and it is a very good product. no flapping fits snug all around.
I was going to ask you how your's fit?

I think the lower edge of the front facial is going to give me problems trying to install this thing? Right now, I just put it back in the box for now.

Old 01-24-2010, 10:18 PM

the bra in my sig pic has bendable tabs and velcro pieces that go on fender lip. velcro wore out real fast. got a lebra and it was alot better product. has plastic clips sewn into bra and clips around fender lip. much tighter fit ( after the heating up and strechting to fit ) and has clips for under bumper and a tab that slides under headlight. I have never noticed one on a high sport pkg car but I think maybe the lebra has enough material to fit. I let mine warm in the sun for about an hour. not going to happen very soon here in ohio.

Old 01-25-2010, 11:26 AM
rj
15 Year Member

You've got that one right. We are seeing some partial sun right now but no way is it warm. Like 40 degrees or so.

The Calgen bra has tabs at the fender openings. Not sure if you're suppose to bend these things or leave them the way they are? They feel like some stout metal inside the material.
There are flat tabs that slide under the headlights.
Elastic bungie cords with a rubber "O" ring that are suppose to slip over the hood adusting bumpers.
There are elastic cords with "S" hooks in them near the ends of the upper grille that I would say the "S" hooks are suppose to attach at the radiator support.
And there are corrisponding elastic cords with "S" hooks at the bottom of the bra in the same spots as the upper "S" hooks that are suppose to attach someplace under the car.

I can just see a major problem with the lower tab that attaches at the fender openings. The lower body kit on the facial won't allow the tab to latch on and hold. Not unless the tab is re-formed.