General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

I Could Use Some Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 05:33 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default I Could Use Some Help

Well, the car. Not me.

Has anyone installed a bra? Noooooooooooooo. I mean a car bra.

What about headlight/taillight covers?

The headlight covers it looks like the tab on the top of the cover needs to be removed so the covers can be installed & removed some what easy. Otherwise they would snap on and remain there. I purchased them to use at shows. Not really as a perminent upgrade.

The car bra is another matter altogether. This thing sucks!!!
I know the instructions say "Install the cover when the temperature is above 65 degrees."
And I was trying to install it in 25 degree weather. I feel "IF" I wait till warm weather and there's an issue AutoAnything will tell me, "Dude, you waited 4 months to contact us about this? It's your's. Good luck." (click)

Any tips on installing one of them?

Old 01-20-2010, 05:39 PM

Perhaps warm up your bra with a hair dryer, the more flexable it is the easier it's going to go on (man, did I just say that???). Not sure which one you have or which vehicle in your stable your putting it on but I had one "back in the day" for my parent's 88 Corsica, was a Saddleman/LeBra one, very good product by the way. Anyhow I would try and keep it warm until you get it settled where it should be. Hope it helps.

Old 01-20-2010, 10:26 PM
Monte Of The Month - April 2010 & Sep

keep the bra inside to warm it up. i will say even in warm weather, the first time putting the bra on is a pita

Old 01-20-2010, 11:51 PM

X2! It can be a pain when the temp is below 55. After it's been on the car for a while, exposed to sunlight and soften up, it'll be a breeze to take off/put on.

Old 01-22-2010, 11:22 AM
rj
15 Year Member

That's the problem with the bra. It's new. One of the Calgen products. I figured since they made the mirror bras on the car, I'd stay with them. Oh and it on the '03 Pace car.

Old 01-22-2010, 01:01 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member

is it like rubber or leather? if its not too big, put it in the oven at the lowest temp while it heats up like like 5-10 minutes, then take it outside, that way it stays warm for a bit, dont leave it in too long tho or it could melt

Old 01-22-2010, 03:31 PM

Seriously? I didn't know this. I just thought it was a pain to put it on.. but I guess now that I think about it.. common sense. I put mine on when it was 33 or so outside. When snapping the buttons in the wheel wells, I had to pull back so hard on the bra that it rocked the car.. with my fingers. But I eventually got it on after 30 minutes of elbow grease and frustration. No damage to the bra luckily.

Long story short, the hair dryer sounds like a good idea. Give it a try.

Old 01-22-2010, 11:42 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member

whats everyones inputs on the bras? i was gonna do that or a bug deflector to protect the paint but i dont wanna drill in the hood, and the bra i heard can scratch the clearcoat and paint

Old 01-23-2010, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by trewyn15
whats everyones inputs on the bras? i was gonna do that or a bug deflector to protect the paint but i dont wanna drill in the hood, and the bra i heard can scratch the clearcoat and paint
Pay good money for the bra, don't get one of those that I've seen flapping while going down the highway . As I said above I had a LeBra/Saddleman Bra on my parents car, unsure about the one rj has... though I can't imagine rj being cheap with anything for his cars. The LeBra fit tight and every so often I would readjust the strap for the hood, rebend the aluminum plates that fit in the wheel wells and made sure the clips under the air dam were pulling it tight. Be sure to wash and wax the area covered well and often, when it rained as soon as I had a chance I would pull the bra off and let it dry before putting it back on (probably didn't have to do I am just abnormally ****.

Most of the time I just left the hood piece on the Corsica, only really put the whole thing on for trips. But the hood on the Corsica was a better "cutoff point" then the hood of the 00-05 Monte would be IMO (the grille was much less of the design of the front then the MCs... make sense?).

Old 01-23-2010, 09:09 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

the bug deflectors usually use some form of double sided tape to stick onto the bottom side of your hood.. you don't need to drill. but a bug deflector won't protect the front bumper either....

Quick Reply: I Could Use Some Help