General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Quite a few problems with my Monte, I could use some help/input.

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2015, 04:58 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Quite a few problems with my Monte, I could use some help/input.

Ok I been putting the Monte on the back burner for a while, however now in the past two days I been going at it full force doing/making repairs as needed. I took care of a few problems but there are some that are prestant problems that just keep on recurring time and time again.

1. My driver side door has decided to stay closed for no reason one day, I am absolutely clueless on how to get it opened again, I tried everything but I can't get the damn door to open up so I can remove the door lock actuator or remove it from its hindges.

2. The Ebrake cable, every time I replace it it works fine for a day or two then with or without depressing it or while I'm driving the cable would snap rendering it epically useless yet again.

3. The tweeter on my front speakers have both fallen off the magnetic part so I'm thinking either using super glue to put them back on the magnet or taping them on and installing the door panel cover. If I put the tweeter in place as it should be it works fine and makes the radio sound 10x better.

4. Passabger seat recliner is failing, anytime a fat person sits in it, it can't handle the weigh and it reclines to sleep mode by it self? Wtf I'm guessing new springs needed but a new used seat is a better option.

5. I'm averaging an amazingly 16.2 miles a gallon with 90% highway driving. Motor is in superior condition so is the trans, all filters are up to date and fuel injectors are at correct PSI, what the hell else is causing me to get a performance V8 mpgs?

6. Sway bar link, I replaced one a few weeks ago and I know for sure I did it correct but it's been squeeking since its installation. I'm going to replace the other side today but I highly doubt that will eliminate the squeek noise.... We'll see

7. Half the time I'm driving the brake lights in the back stay on even if I'm not depressing the brake pedal, I checked the brake light switch and it's in proper position and is functioning fine. This guy me wondering cause I traced all the wiring, fuses, and grounds and I'm still clueless on why this happenes.

If you guys know a solutions or and idea on how to maybe attack a certain issue for any of the following problems please post, anything would help at this moment.