General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Hypertech tunners

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 03:47 PM
Photobucket
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Hypertech tunners

here is a good one for ya.
went today to replace my tranny filter and also to replace the shift kit . so i got out my trusy papper weight the hypertech tunner. as it gose threw its paces to tune the car and gather the info that it needs so it can reprogram it to the stock settings so i dont hurt the car with the shift kit and the tunner increasing the line presures. it decided to stop in the middel of the tune.

it litterly just crapped out. so here i sit my car in the middel of being tuned and now i cant get the car to start, cant get it to reprogram it either way so tha ti can get it to start.

So for any of ya out there that have the hyper crap tunners BEREAL CAREFUL.

oh yeah then it says call thier custumer service center. go figure they are only open M-F. 08:00-17:00 central time

THANK GOD!!! i met a guy there working on his and a frends Pontiac grand prix.
they had the dhp tunner i think it was. Anyway we got it back to the stock settings after fightig with for a while and now she starts fine and is runnign great agian.
But i didnt get my shift kit installed or the filter so i get to do it next weekend when i have a day off again. i have to work tomarrow so it is out for me. [:@][:@]

But it will happen.

oh also if ya need or want to know our cars call for 7.5 quarts of fluid in them for a filter change according to autozones comeputer. Mobil one synthetc tranny fluid was 7.50 a qt. so it cost me just under 80.00. to ge tthe fluids to do the car.

OH WELL at least i have the stuff to get it done.

Old 05-31-2008, 06:53 PM
Default RE: Hypertech tunners

Glad I got my HP Tuners and sold my Hypertech when I did.

Sorry that you had the problems there.

Old 05-31-2008, 07:09 PM
Photobucket
15 Year Member

Im looking riht now for the HP tunner if i can find one used im interasetd.
but cant affored the 500.00 right now even selling the hypercrap i have it wont get enough to buy it out right.

Also do you have the bin files etc... for the stock tune on a 3800II?
i have a guy here that can do the tunning for me with his HP tunner but we need to find the stock tune for it.
and also have you done any tweeking that you are willing to share and explain to me?

Old 06-01-2008, 09:18 AM

if he has the hp tuner he should have to have axcess to the hp website with the tuner repositoryand it has a whole bunch of tunes on there and the stock monte is on there...if he cant find it just shoot me a pm and ill email u the file and such

Old 06-01-2008, 12:21 PM

Actually there aren't many tunes there at all. I haven't visited the sight for awhile since my laptop has been down for 3 months, but they only had 2 or 3 tunes.

PM me your normal email address and I'll send you the stock bin.

Old 06-01-2008, 07:17 PM

hmm the stock for the 3.8 was on there when i was on bout a month ago...no custom tunes tho since ppl generally dont share their tunes

Old 06-01-2008, 08:16 PM
Photobucket
15 Year Member

it may still be on there but i could not find it the other day when i was digging.
I really need about a week off so i can go out and find things like this and still not lose my train of thought durring work LOL

man i hate work just gets in the way LOL