General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Hypertech Problems????

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 07:03 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Hypertech Problems????

I’ve noticed some problems with Hypertech that I would want to address cause I feel they could in fact cause long term problems. I reset my PCM to the factory settings today and the problems I had disappeared.

First Issue: My MPG’s have been steadily declining and my average MPG’s before this morning was averaging 23.5. After the roll back by the time I got to work I was back up to 24.8. Who knows where I’ll end up on MPG’s but will keep you posted. The engine also runs much smoother since the roll back. Possible Problems: Maybe the program for the 3.8L is not stable. My programmer has a problem? Maybe the PCM does not like the Hypertech modifications and fights against sensors causing poor drivability over time.

Second Issue: The reason I rolled back my PCM to factory specs was that I have noticed the trans shifting abnormally. It seemed to have a serious lag in gears 1-2 and 2-3.

Third Issue: The gawd awful sound from the A/C unit seems much better since removal of the Hypertech program. I’ve only been able to drive it for an hour so far so it could just be a mental thing.

Bottom line is, beware… I plan to re-install Hypertech after I collect notes on the stock behavior to ensure I have not lost it.

Old 08-24-2005, 07:23 PM
Default RE: Hypertech Problems????

PLEASE KEEP ME POSTED!!!!

Also stupid question for you have you been abel to check the codes in yours with your hypertech? And are you abel to delet them after wards? Mine will not delet the codes and it always has the same ones in it. even if i delet them and shut the car off then go back in to it i have the excat same codes one of them is for somethign the car has to move or at least be runnign to get and i have not started the car. But i took it to a dealer and they say there are no codes in the car. So im puzzeld as to weather or not it is the car or the hand held,

But keep me posted PLEASE i have this on my car to and noticed that the tranny was not acting queit right today when i drove it. it is feelign like i get kicked in the *** at low speeds and i thought it was just the road here but it really wasent it etheir it was smoth.

I will have to redo mine in the AM and see if taking it off changes anythign. Bad enough ium startign to feel as if i got riped on that deal any way LOL

I really wanted to get rid of the limitors but i wanted the fan controll on it to and it dont even off it to me . Dose yours?
and thanks for the update

Old 08-24-2005, 10:57 PM

My unit will not go into programming mode unless I delete the codes. Mine pulls two codes as well and fluffed them off a junk codes after a little research. Which codes are you getting on your unit?

I am starting to think a 75-100% line pressure adjustment may have been the culprit with my trans issues. I am going to give it a week or two before I play around with it again.

Old 08-25-2005, 03:01 AM

very informative thread, something HyperTech noobs should be aware of before dropping the greenbacks on this thing. I think you should get the DHP software and test it too

Old 08-25-2005, 06:44 AM

yeah and after testing send it to me for testing LOL then you could sell it to O4 ls for 1/2 price to make sure ti would work on his to

Old 08-25-2005, 06:54 AM

i dont remeber the actual codes any more i know one was for a high beam out do to me messing with the DLR crap. but that code is still in there even after i have deleted it but yet i dont get the light on the dash anymore and the lights are working fine now that i fixed the connection in there,

that is jus tone of them that is not deleting out of the system when i delet them from the car,

Mine wont go in to the program mode unless i clear them also . but i dont think it is actuall clearing them.

Old 08-25-2005, 11:54 AM

ORIGINAL: mickey

yeah and after testing send it to me for testing LOL then you could sell it to O4 ls for 1/2 price to make sure ti would work on his to
since I'd be the 3rd person to use it, i'd only pay 1/3

Old 08-25-2005, 11:58 AM

lol i hear ya

Old 08-25-2005, 12:28 PM

Well, second day got to work and the system thinks my average MPG's are 27.5. This may be the result of the PCM cycling but a solid weeks worth of data will be the best read.

Oh no, MonteLS will be paying a R&D fee on top of it.

Old 08-25-2005, 12:31 PM

ORIGINAL: montejass
Oh no, MonteLS will be paying a R&D fee on top of it.

see, us 3400 guys get no love

Quick Reply: Hypertech Problems????