Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

ABOUT Hypertech power programmer 3?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2005, 04:03 PM
Default ABOUT Hypertech power programmer 3?

I have a question about The Hypertech power programmer 3. I all ways had it but never had the time to program my car. I was wondering if what should i set my cars rev limiter, transmission shift point mph & rpm & trans shift firmness. I read the book but i would like to know your option about what should i set it.

Old 08-20-2005, 05:44 PM
Default RE: ABOUT Hypertech power programmer 3?

ORIGINAL: Import Crusher

I have a question about The Hypertech power programmer 3. I all ways had it but never had the time to program my car. I was wondering if what should i set my cars rev limiter, transmission shift point mph & rpm & trans shift firmness. I read the book but i would like to know your option about what should i set it.
Welcome to our forum.....

I set my rev limiter to max, I think it was 6500. I currently have my shift firmness set at 75%. I have played around with my shift points quite a bit and currently seem to like -1MPH on all gears. I think though 2nd-3rd should be set @ neg 3MPH & 3rd - 4th should be set to neg 2-3MPH..

Old 08-21-2005, 03:37 AM

Welcome to the board. I would try to answer your questions, as montejass did so well, but HyperTech doesn't make a programmer for my car

Old 08-21-2005, 12:39 PM

ORIGINAL: 04MonteLS

Welcome to the board. I would try to answer your questions, as montejass did so well, but HyperTech doesn't make a programmer for my car
But, for a little more $$$$$ you could get the DHP software......

Old 08-21-2005, 04:12 PM

ORIGINAL: montejass

And for alot more $$$$$ I could get a laptop so I could actually use the software seeing as how getting my PC out to my car presents a slight challenge

Old 08-21-2005, 06:16 PM

And for alot more $$$$$ I could get a laptop so I could actually use the software seeing as how getting my PC out to my car presents a slight challenge
Or a very long cable.... lol I wonder how it connects to the puter. If it were USB it would be easy to find a long enough cable..

I've heard of several people rolling a PC out to the car using DHP.... I know it's a PITA, but doable...

Old 08-22-2005, 02:48 AM

Or a very long cable.... lol I wonder how it connects to the puter. If it were USB it would be easy to find a long enough cable..

I've heard of several people rolling a PC out to the car using DHP.... I know it's a PITA, but doable...

eh, too much work. I'll just get the chip from that dude.....yeah, him

Old 08-22-2005, 07:04 AM

usb cabels are 6' or less and cant have a good connection after that for somereason, (just what the geeks tell me that work on our stuff)

Old 08-22-2005, 11:42 AM

ORIGINAL: mickey

usb cabels are 6' or less and cant have a good connection after that for somereason, (just what the geeks tell me that work on our stuff)
I have a 30ft USB cable linked to a 2.0 webcam that works flawlessly.

I'll bet it's a COM port connection....

Old 08-22-2005, 12:29 PM

ORIGINAL: mickey
I have a 30ft USB cable linked to a 2.0 webcam that works flawlessly.
LOL, looks like you need to make some new geek friend Mickey[8D]

Quick Reply: ABOUT Hypertech power programmer 3?