General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

From the horses mouth.

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 11:15 PM
Default RE: From the horses mouth.

I have to admit that I wasn't looking at the Monte when we decided to replace the Grand prix. I actually found a black G6 that I liked and we were on our way to look at it. Drove through the chevy dealer across the streetfirst, looked up and saw this little black beauty up on the dias and I was struck by her looks. She was the same size as the GP, but with a V8 stuffed in her. After I test drove her, I was hooked. I love the ride and all of the options, not to mention that she gets up and goes when I want her to. I like the fact that shes a 2 door car, not 4 like her big sister. I know now that I wouldn't have liked the G6.Sheesh, what was I thinking?

Old 12-11-2007, 02:12 PM

All I can say is if u pay more than $1500 for a 92 civic u r getting ripped off. Cause by that time most of the civic are trash caause the little tuner kid killed the engine by overboosting or over reving it. My cuz is a Honda Tech and has built his fair share of 500bhpe honda. They will last and hold the value cause is was done right. And tuned correctly. As for the Monte Carlo all I can say is until u drive 1 you will not understand fully. P.S. Nice Mit. good luck with it.

Old 12-11-2007, 03:00 PM

So why is an STI on the board again??? ah jk...

I got my Monte simply, because it's a sexy car. Just with the power coming from the wrong end, butlove seeing the look on a RWDrivers face when they can't pass. Mainly my friend with his 96 Impala SS.

Old 12-16-2007, 08:19 PM

I think for me since it is the 4th monte i have owned i enjoy the performance that it gives even though mine is still stock, i enjoy the style, the comfort, and most importantly with the gas prices the way they are you can mod the 3.8 and still get good gas mileage. now since mine is still stock i know i get almost 30 mpg. it cost me just at 100 to get from jacksonville florida to norwich ct. now to me looking good, feeling good, and great gas mileage was what sold me.