General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

From the horses mouth.

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 08:12 PM
Default RE: From the horses mouth.

ORIGINAL: big_mecho13

By the way Bill,
those are impressive numbers, car looks sweet too.
I see you got Jersey tags.
I just got back from Jackson, NJ.
A lot of imports and F-bodys zooming around there.
Hey thanks, Im about half hour east of Jackson in Toms River. Where you here for business or pleasure?

Old 12-10-2007, 08:24 PM

I was there for my Dog. The best ear crop vet in the Tri state area or possibly on the east cost is in Jackson 5 min away from the outlets. I get the dogs earsposted every 2 weeks till he is 6 monts. Its an hour drive for me. Going 85 lol waiting for the radar detector to go off any second, cuz the Stateies on I-195 work 24/7. especially waiting for some outastater to come by. lol

My wife has gotten pulled over there twice and got a warning both times, the one time she had an old insurance card and still no ticket. If that was me I'd get a ticket lol.

I know where Tom's River is. I drive that a way every other week, my wife is from Ocean Township, NJ. So we visit often.

Old 12-10-2007, 09:24 PM

I bought my 86 monte because it handled like a vette but didn't cost as much. I wanted the sports car feel for my budget. As the budget grew so did the car after it retired from a daily driver after 3 years. The body lines on the 84-88's really hooked me. The wife decided she wanted a monte earlier this year. I wasn't gonna settle for anything less than an 06-07 ss. I knew she would love it for some of the same reasons i loved mine. She does...lol. It was cheap too! The other reason we bought it! $17,300w/30k at an auto auction. Her daily driver with flowmaster 40's and a k&n cai. Bottom line for uswas looks, performance and theChevrolet name. Amen!...lol

[IMG]local://upfiles/2951/E83D6828EF6B45EF87C0223886A914B6.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/2951/4F9BCD1A178048A4A7A704A21B832A20.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-10-2007, 09:32 PM

Wow, I like this one!!

Old 12-10-2007, 09:46 PM

I got my monte because every kid my age (18) had a grand prix that they thought was cooler than the next so i wanted something that was different then everybody else and seeing as i am 6'4" 280 i am not going to fit in any small car anytime soon. also i just liked the body lines and the rear end of the car for me was the biggest selling point i dont know why i just like the rear end.

BillFromTR
very nice Sti, there are about 3 or 4 that drive around here in town that are very nice. I also have a question for you. I have heard that your engines/exhaust are never really loud, so it that true?

Old 12-10-2007, 09:56 PM

thanks! i'm a fan of your subaru also. i used to own astd.very plain impreza. it was freakn fun! tons more than it looked like. tried to talk the wife intothe Stibut they were bout 24k and not enuf room for the kids too. my 86 is a weekend warrior. tons of power =tons of fun! i've owned it since '91. beenmodding it since bout '94.my favorite thing about it is that it will hook and run the same number on the street as it does at the track. i'd bet yours does the same! lol! thats an extremely reputable time for your ride! great job!

Old 12-10-2007, 10:06 PM

ORIGINAL: 2000_BLACK_SS

I got my monte because every kid my age (18) had a grand prix that they thought was cooler than the next so i wanted something that was different then everybody else and seeing as i am 6'4" 280 i am not going to fit in any small car anytime soon. also i just liked the body lines and the rear end of the car for me was the biggest selling point i dont know why i just like the rear end.

BillFromTR
very nice Sti, there are about 3 or 4 that drive around here in town that are very nice. I also have a question for you. I have heard that your engines/exhaust are never really loud, so it that true?
I like your wheels. The flat 4's are rumbly, they have unequal length headers so they sound choppy. Far cry from the weedwacker sound of inline 4's like civics and the like. I've gotten pulled over for being to loud. Heres a sample of a nice sounding one........ http://media.putfile.com/bigvalleypases

Old 12-10-2007, 10:18 PM

the reason i asked was won of the sti hear in town said that he had the loudest exhaust of any in town and an above average sound too. then when he got on it it didn't sound all that loud. But the one in the video is with out a doubt louder.

Old 12-10-2007, 10:28 PM

My wife actually chose our first MC, the 99 LS. I can honestly say that in 8 years this car has never left me, or more importantly, my wife, stranded. It is a GREAT daily driver. It still gets looks, gets great gas mileage, and it is good in the snow.
When we got the 06, I was looking for a clean, used Corvette. After driving the Monte and comparing a new car warranty to no warranty for the same relative price, I went with the Monte. (My wife also wanted another Monte, so I compromised, LOL). I almost bought an 05 MC SS, but that deal fell through, and I'm glad it did. I will never again say "I could have had a V-8".

I also started driving in my Mom's 76 Monte, (what a boat), and my grandfather had a 1970 MC for many years that I absolutely loved. (So did he).

In addition, I have never and will never buy any kind of foreign car, no German, Japanese, English, etc, etc. I am an American, and I only drive American cars. The cars may be made anywhere (my 06 was made in Canada) but the profit money stays here!

Old 12-10-2007, 10:46 PM

Because its the sweetest looking car over all that doesnt cost 30K+
i've like them since i was about 8

Quick Reply: From the horses mouth.