General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

From the horses mouth.

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 10:35 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member
Default RE: From the horses mouth.

I think most of the people on this forum buy their montes as daily drivers. They want something that looks good, performs well and is reliable. Thats what I was looking for as well.The monte carlos have alot of go fast potential for a 3800lb car.For not too much money you can have a pretty fast "family" car. The engines in these cars are bullet proof too, especially the 3.8. I drive a 97 z34 with the 3.4 DOHC and personally, I havent had more fun in any other car. And the torch red paint sticks out anywhere and looks awesome. It is a little less unique body wisethan the 6th gen monte carlos, but it is still fun and fast. I can pull off a pretty mean power slide out of the local Giant eagle parking lot by just cutting the wheel and punching it. Ive raced quite afew foreign cars on the streets and it beats orkeeps up with every one of them.I can also still haul around 4 other people comfortably and I get 17 mpg around town. This is bone stock. Im sure the longer I have the car, the faster it will get. Lol.

Old 12-10-2007, 12:14 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

A 92 Honda Civic or a 00 MC with the same miles for about the same price...

Now that's funny. A '92 Hondo still on the road. [sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 12-10-2007, 12:49 PM

I have been a Monte Carlo fan since the original models came out in the 70's. I've alwaysliked the looks of a 2 door car. The Monte, has been and continues to be one of the larger 2 door models, and I am not a fan of the small S....boxes. I rarely need to carry passengers, so the 2 door styling is a big selling feature to me. The Monte is a very unique look, and always grabs attention. I like that.

I have had a 2001 SS, a 2004 SS S/C, and now a 2007 SS. All have been in my opinion good performers, and "Bulletproof". As far as badass, the 07 is that. I sure don't need any more badass than it has. The sound, even with stock mufflers, is plenty enough so that tells everyone there is something under that hood that you shouldn't mess with.

All in all, a great ride. Has the looks, the performance and so far, the reliability. What more can you ask.

Old 12-10-2007, 01:44 PM

I like long two door cars. Not many to pick from nowadays. Mather of fact I don't think there are any NEW ones on the market right now.

Plus Monte's are great for tall people like myself(6'9'), really fit in there well. My other option is a truck or suv I am just not into them that much.
Been a monte fan for a while. I would love to own a 4th Gen monte as they are more of a true drag car. The new ones can be made fast but not as easily and not as fastas a 4th gen Monte. Was looking for one, but something ate my funds LOL.

Old 12-10-2007, 02:14 PM

Absolutely right big mecho. I had a 99 Pontiac Gran Prix, just before my 2001 Monte and I can't count the number of times I bashed my knee or my head, trying to squeeze into that small front door. I'm only about 6 ft, and if I had a hard time, you would need a shoehorn to get in.

The only thing is the weight of the doors. The Monte is supposed to be the wife's car, ha haand I know the big doors are sometimes a chore for her, but she manages.

Old 12-10-2007, 03:51 PM

ORIGINAL: BillFromTR

Curious to why you love your MC. Im a car enthusiast and want to get the skinny on why you chose your Monte. I love the early models, my buddy had a primer gray 80's model that was fun as hell. It smelt like unburnt gas and could light the tires on command. Its the newer models that I'm trying to understand. Is it a NASCAR thing? How are they better than say a Mustang or Impala? Just wondering. Thanks.

Bill
Because that's all they drive over in in South Los Angeles. The Monte Carlo, Impala, and Camaro is respected over here. You will see more of these 3 cars than any other car on the street minus Honda Civics.
My car is *** stock and I get so many looks from people l get nervous because I don't know if I'm about to be car jacked ... I'm recluncant to put any rims on it for fear of more attention lol ..

Nice Scoobie ... Provided I could drive stick that would of been my other choice ..

Old 12-10-2007, 04:03 PM

Why do I drive a MC?

Well it all started when my 00 S10 sprung a leak and I borrowed my father's 03 MC SS for a week and a half until I could fix my truck. I got so used to it that when I went back to drive my truck I wasn't comfortable in it anymore. Since that point I wanted that car (which I now own)

Funny thing was my father an I had a running joke between us, whenever I started to talk about new cars he would tell me "well give me such and such amount of money and you can have the SS." You should have seen his expression the day I handed him the check when he asked me that

But other than that, I enjoy the styling, power, and comfort that is my 03 MC SS. Plus I like the looks that I get when I'm crusing down the street, especially from the ladies.[sm=drooldude.gif]

Old 12-10-2007, 06:19 PM

I'd like to thank everyone for their input.

Old 12-10-2007, 07:28 PM

By the way Bill,
those are impressive numbers, car looks sweet too.
I see you got Jersey tags.
I just got back from Jackson, NJ.
A lot of imports and F-bodys zooming around there.

Old 12-10-2007, 07:35 PM

Revitup,
You are right about the doors. I have no issue with them, but everyone else that rides with medoes lol. When the wind blows or the car is parked uphill a lot of people have gotten their legs banged up by the heavy *** door. I stated warning folks before they get out, but some people just dont listen. lol

Quick Reply: From the horses mouth.