General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Hit 100k today (i.e. it's going up for sale)

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
I hate to see that your list of cars to get instead are probably less reliable, or harder to fix than the Monte.

If you want anything Audi/VW keep away from that 1.8T motor. It's probably the worst engine ever created. In all seriousness.
in all seriousness i'd rather have something "made in japan" or "made in germany" than "made in mexico and canada". they're not even a real country anyways.

Last edited by jimbo7; 01-30-2012 at 08:22 PM.
Old 01-29-2012, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by jimbo7
in all seriousness i'd rather have something "made in japan" or "made in garmany" than "made in mexico and canada". they're not even a real country anyways.
I couldn't help but laugh, I guess I didn't see this comment coming.

As for my suggestion, a nice Honda Accord V6.
Very nice looking, dual exhaust, leather, Navi.

Old 01-30-2012, 02:06 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by BlackRainSS
I second that well to a point I'm not a fan at all of the front ends on the 06/07s the rest is ok not too crazy about the block letters that say MONTE CARLO they're pretty plain jane
To be honest, the lt/ltz really turned me off because the fronts look like impala's perfectly, so I wasn't interested in the newer montes,
then a saw an SS and what set the look for me was the kit they put on it. Love the look of it
with the body kit it makes it look different,
meaner. But to each his own

Old 01-30-2012, 05:56 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

That stinks you want to sell your Monte, but I understand. Many people have been happy with these cars, but not everyone off the assembly line is equal.

Hopefully everything works out the way you want in the end.

Old 01-30-2012, 05:58 AM

10 Year Member

in all seriousness i'd rather have something "made in japan" or "made in garmany" than "made in mexico and canada". they're not even a real country anyways.
I just noticed this post.... FYI - I believe the Monte was made in Canada..... I don't think there is such a thing as "an American" car anymore

Old 01-30-2012, 07:43 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
I just noticed this post.... FYI - I believe the Monte was made in Canada..... I don't think there is such a thing as "an American" car anymore
Sure There is! i believe most of Toyota is made in the US

(parts get shipped here but its assembled in the US )
Makes sense right?!

Old 01-30-2012, 08:31 PM

By all means I'm not pooping on montes or gm. I love my car, but unfortunately I feel the need to cut my loses A LOT earlier than I anticipated.

Some good news, though. It seems I fixed the MAF p102 code it kept throwing. A visit to the junkyard brought me back with 5 MAF connectors and a reman by GM MAF off a regal. Cleaned the MAF and bolted it on an all seems well now. Didn't throw a code today and ran like normal. My cruising rpm's seemed normal too (i thought that was the weirdest part). I forgot how much fun junkyards are.

Old 01-30-2012, 09:09 PM

10 Year Member

Originally Posted by MnteCrloSS47
Sure There is! i believe most of Toyota is made in the US

(parts get shipped here but its assembled in the US )
Makes sense right?!
It all depends on what is meant by "American Car". If you mean "built in America by Americans" there are plenty of Import brands building cars here and Domestic brands building elsewhere (heck the last generation of GTO was imported from Australia).... But if you mean the "American" based on where the parent company resides, that's something completely different.

I wish more of out "American" cars were made here. I find it strange the common logo for a Camaro is a red-white-blue badging (which I don't think is on the 5th gen Camaro, but has existed since the 2nd gen to 4th gen).... That's logo that clearly calls out to Americans, but the 4th gens were made in Canada as well as the new 5th gen.

By no means is a slam on the places building the cars. This drawn out rant is just saying the notion "buy American" is really screwed up these days, as buy the traditional meaning behind that, it's "Buy a domestic car built in the USA", only a small percentage of those cars exist in the market (Chevy Cruze is one of those that fit).

Old 01-30-2012, 09:28 PM

It's really hard to buy "American" anything nowadays. Just try to buy all "made in USA" clothing and shoes sometime and let me know how that works out.

Old 01-30-2012, 11:15 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

in all seriousness i'd rather have something "made in japan" or "made in germany" than "made in mexico and canada". they're not even a real country anyways.
Wow I wonder If Taz and JuniorCar know they don't live in a real country

Quick Reply: Hit 100k today (i.e. it's going up for sale)